Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hijet Front Side Light Location?

2 posters

Go down

Hijet Front Side Light Location? Empty Hijet Front Side Light Location?

Post by g149 Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:38 pm

There’s lot of info about changing headlamp and indicator bulbs, but nothing about the simple front side light lamps!  Where is it?  I know it’s not connected to the main headlamp bulb connector.  It appears as a dim strip light on the other good working side. However, that cover screw is so corroded I can’t open it and check it’s lit located. Please can someone advise?  Thanks. Chris

g149
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Hijet Front Side Light Location? Empty Re: Hijet Front Side Light Location?

Post by PFM Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:59 am

Sidelight bulb is in a holder that fits into the headlamp bowl close to the headlamp bulb. Which screw is so corroded?

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by g149 Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:58 pm

PFM wrote:Sidelight bulb is in a holder that fits into the headlamp bowl close to the headlamp bulb. Which screw is so corroded?
Thank you PFM for prompt reply.  I'm wary of disturbing old brittle wires. You'll see from image I've already had to replace headlamp bulb holder.  Relating to photo could you describe where side ligHijet Front Side Light Location? Hijet_12ht bulb located?  Much appreciated. Chris

g149
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:11 am

I can see someone's been in there before - not unusual to need the headlamp wiring re-done on these. If you look at the bottom right side of the body aperture there, below the blue wire from the H/l bulb and above the crimp connector on the red wire - that's your sidelight bulb holder.

Apart from releasing the indicator the rest can be done from outside. You might be able to force the plastic cover out at the top and then twist it for access - or drill the head of the screw off.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by g149 Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:12 pm

Thanks PFM for your clear pin-pointing.  When you say "Apart from releasing the indicator the rest can be done from outside".  Are you talking about changing the side light lamp? Can it be changed from inside the vehicle through the aperture?  Chris

g149
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:04 am

TBH, come to think of it I don't think I've ever had to change a sidelight bulb! You might be able to wiggle it out in situ but probably easier and quicker to pull the lamp out first.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down