Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Small side light bulb with headlamp housing?

Go down

Small side light bulb with headlamp housing? Empty Small side light bulb with headlamp housing?

Post by g149 Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:53 am

How do I change the tiny side light within the headlamp assembly?  Can't find any instructions.  What is this lamp called/rated (best to get a replacement beforehand)?  I've changed headlamps bulbs before but this tiny lamp is strangely located and I'm reluctant to disassemble headlamp housing and beam alignment etc if there is a simple method. Thanks forum.

g149
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Small side light bulb with headlamp housing? Empty Re: Small side light bulb with headlamp housing?

Post by Guest Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:25 pm

Small side light bulb with headlamp housing? Dsc_2811
Small side light bulb with headlamp housing? Dsc_2812

If you have small hands or a family member that has you can awkwardly remove the bulb holder by twisting it anti-clockwise and get it through the headlamp aperture. Not possible if you have hands like Bear Traps as I do.

The bulb is very common with flat spade push in fit.
If you are unable to get at it this way then you will have to remove the Grille, the indicator and the headlight surround and then the Headlight.
The Indicator is held in place with a looped spring fitting on the side of the Headlamp. Once you have slid that out remove the two screws holding the headlight surround in place and with a flat screwdriver GENTLY prise the surround out of the 3 popper fittings. Get the screwdriver as close to the poppers as possible. Then the Headlight is held in place with an 8mm/Posidrive Set screw. Remove that and prise the Headlamp out at the bracket you have just removed the Set screw from. It is a fiddly Ole job if you haven't done it before - so definitely worth having a go removing the holder from inside.

Don't worry about headlamp alignment if you do remove the headlamp as it will go back into the body in the same position.
If you do want to adjust your headlight reflector there is a white knurled adjustment wheel on the headlamp load compensator. motor. Just visible in the picture. Don't forget that you also have the adjuster switch on the dashboard to the left of the Steering Column. The white adjuster wheel gives you fine adjustment.

You can level the headlights up at night shining them on a wall or a garage door.

Back to top Go down

Small side light bulb with headlamp housing? Empty Re: Small side light bulb with headlamp housing?

Post by g149 Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:23 pm

Thanks Woodie. I'll attempt to fit my hand through the headlamp bulb aperture.  Otherwise I'll have to bribe a child with an ice cream!

g149
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:33 pm

What!! An ice cream this weather?? You Sadist!! With most kids I think that it will have to be a Big Mac. bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down