Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Terminal block - factory fit or an earlier bodge?

2 posters

Go down

Terminal block - factory fit or an earlier bodge? Empty Terminal block - factory fit or an earlier bodge?

Post by Duncan Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:04 am

Hi all,
I have a 99’ S85 1.0Lt EFI Hi Jet.
I’ve just fixed my cranking no start caused by corroded wires from the grey connector block into the battery box. (Thanks to Highly Jetted for pointing me in the right direction re no engine warning light).
The two wires from the grey connector were joined, in the battery box, to a single fat brown wire going to battery positive via a badly corroded 500v terminal block.
There was no amp rating on the terminal block and I replaced it with one only rated at 400v 30amps. I’m worried in case I need to find a bigger block.
My question is:
Was my 500v terminal block a factory fit or an earlier bodge?

Duncan

Back to top Go down

Terminal block - factory fit or an earlier bodge? Empty Re: Terminal block - factory fit or an earlier bodge?

Post by PFM Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:27 pm

It's a bodge. There was no such block on any of the 1.0 or 1.3 vans I've had.

IIRC the fusible link is rated at 60A, though a very quick online search says 50A. 30A @ 400v =12,000W and 60A @ 12v is only 720W so I'd guess you'd be fine.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Terminal block - factory fit or an earlier bodge? Empty Re: Terminal block - factory fit or an earlier bodge?

Post by Duncan Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:45 pm

Thanks for the reply PFM.

Duncan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down