Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Battery type?

2 posters

Go down

New Battery type? Empty New Battery type?

Post by Carpetcleanvan Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:26 pm

Im thinking of buying a better bigger  063 sized battery  207mm x 175mm x175mm this time as the 063 just fits in the 03 hijets rear battery box via the 175mm  width although may need something too lift it up a little such as a bit of wood etc .

The terminals are the fatter Euro T1 19.5mm x 17.9mm but seem to adapt to the battery lead connectors (the past std hijet sized batterys had the smaller JAP type of terminals which are T3 or JIS 14.7mm x 13.1mm)

The 063 battery size is a very popular battery for uk smaller engine cars  so its always CHEAPER TO BUY than a recommended 03 hijet sized type of battery plus you get more CCA than the skinny hijet types that they always sold me in the past .

My past eurocarparts purchases never lasted the stated 3 years so all had to be replaced via the ECP guarantee .

Euro car parts does the Bosch S5 at the moment for £75.99 less 10% black friday so £68.39 which is the premium type of 52ah and 520Cold Cranking Amp.
This has a 5 year guarantee and is a (so called) much higher spec battery

In the past buying the  skinny std hijet sized batterys of much lesser Ah and CCA  (usually 40Ah  CCA330) which eurocarparts reccommended as the correct battery....except they  never ever lasted the 3 years guarantee .
So you could/would had to go back to eurocarparts and they would test the battery to verify a fault and just replace it at no cost ..only once of course.
I have had a few over the years from eurocarparts generally around the £50 mark so wondered if the higher rated Bosch S5  52ah and CCA of 520 would pose any issues ?

Last edited by Carpetcleanvan on Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total

Carpetcleanvan
Clubman

Back to top Go down

New Battery type? Empty Re: New Battery type?

Post by PFM Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:16 am

As long as it will physically fit in the box (or wherever you decide to locate it) and can adapt the wiring to fit the terminals, the larger capacity battery should not cause any difficulties and, theroretically, should last longer.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Carpetcleanvan Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:12 am

Yes a 063 Battery @ 175mm width is a tight fit and sits lower so needs a spacer under it ideally but it does fit in the 03 hijet battery box.
I should have been buying these cheaper 063 better spec batterys years ago but just went with Lloyds motor spares or Eurocarparts recommedations like a mug does .

The 063 Battery types seem a far more powerful and cheaper option for hijets .
I sure Woody mentioned something about all this years ago on here ?

Carpetcleanvan
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down