Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just looked at a Hijet with small oil leak

3 posters

Go down

Just looked at a Hijet with small oil leak Empty Just looked at a Hijet with small oil leak

Post by thotho Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:17 pm

Hi there,
Just had a look at a hijet 1.3 efi I potentially wanted to buy, but I noticed it had an oil leak on the passenger side. I'm not exactly sure what part it is, but it looked like some kind of plug (with small harness?) that's in the engine or sump? From there it slooowly leaked and dropped onto part of the exhaust. I wish I had taken a picture...

It was dripping on one of those exhaust parts:
Just looked at a Hijet with small oil leak 0A0Tcxj
So whatever sits above that on the passenger side, that's what seems to be leaking oil after driving it.

Would anyone have an idea what it is and how major? Oil itself looked good, was recently changed and is topped up

And a bit off topic, is a whining noise when driving normal?

thotho

Back to top Go down

Just looked at a Hijet with small oil leak Empty Re: Just looked at a Hijet with small oil leak

Post by buttondup Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:12 pm

the propshaft can be a source of unnerving noises/vibrations and are known to fail, see if there is any play in the UJ. Otherwise, it may be a wheel bearing or alternator belt which for me would whine when things were damp.
buttondup
buttondup
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Just looked at a Hijet with small oil leak Empty Re: Just looked at a Hijet with small oil leak

Post by gogopiaggio Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:57 pm

Isn't the rocker cover right above that spring? Could have been put back without sealing paste after doing the headgasket, possibly. It wouldn't be the end of the world if that were the problem. Should be fairly obvious once you have the hump off though.

gogopiaggio
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down