Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fuel tank capacity and fuel consumption

+3
buttondup
gogopiaggio
Roar4
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Fuel tank capacity and fuel consumption Empty Fuel tank capacity and fuel consumption

Post by Roar4 Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:13 pm

Can I please get help regarding the fuel consumption and fuel tank capacity of my vehicle?

Roar4

Back to top Go down

Fuel tank capacity and fuel consumption Empty Re: Fuel tank capacity and fuel consumption

Post by Roar4 Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:14 pm

Fuel tank capacity and fuel consumption Img_2011Fuel tank capacity and fuel consumption Img_2011Fuel tank capacity and fuel consumption Img_2011

Roar4

Back to top Go down

Fuel tank capacity and fuel consumption Empty Re: Fuel tank capacity and fuel consumption

Post by gogopiaggio Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:27 pm

I achieved a new high of 38mpg this week. WooHoo!

gogopiaggio
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:34 pm

What were you HIGH on? Cocaïne, Cannabis, LSD, Petrol Fumes?? The best I have ever achieved despite a large right foot is 44mpg with a Romahome body on it - but that was a "Mobil Fuel Economy Run to home from Devon coz I was skint.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:01 pm

Perhaps you might like to introduce yourself on the Forum first. That's generally what we do when we meet someone for the first time - - isn't it? Well I generally do anyway. Roughly where you live, age, etc but most of all DETAILS, DETAILS, DETAILS.

I can see that it is a Pickup with a ruddy sturdy container on it.
But what is it?? An 850cc? ( I can see it's not) but is it a 993cc, 1200 Diesel, 1300 Petrol, 1300 LPG Dual fuel , 1400 Diesel?? Do we get a prize for guessing?. As it is a Pickup it has a 35 litre Fuel tank and an LPG TANK is almost 40 litres but being LPG you can only fill the tank to 80%. What year is the vehicle??

So perhaps you can furnish us with a number of details. No apologies for my sarcasm - it will get worse - but depending on how thick skinned you are and have got a sense of humour - I may well be of help to you as will quite a few others on this Forum but information is the basis of all knowledge.
Regards Woody.

Back to top Go down

Post by buttondup Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:00 pm

"As it is a Pickup it has a 35 litre Fuel tank and an LPG TANK is almost 40 litres but being LPG you can only fill the tank to 80%"

Is that so?
I've never been able to get more than 27 litres (on a good day) in mine and assumed it was 30 or 32 Litre capacity.
I did need to have the work done on the tank with new fill stop by your friend at DorsetLPG before I could use it though.
buttondup
buttondup
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by gogopiaggio Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:06 pm

32 being 80% of 40?

gogopiaggio
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by buttondup Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:10 pm

but I only get 27 litres in max (usually around 26)
buttondup
buttondup
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:07 pm

Fuel tank capacity and fuel consumption Dsc_6119
Fuel tank capacity and fuel consumption Dsc_6120
Fuel tank capacity and fuel consumption Dsc_6121

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:13 pm

Fuel tank capacity and fuel consumption Dsc_6122

Back to top Go down

Post by gogopiaggio Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:15 pm

Totally changing the subject, is it possible (well, straightforward) to fit the LPG kit from an LPG hijet onto a petrol-only one?

gogopiaggio
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:37 pm

Unfortunately it truly is a nightmare. I have taken two complete systems off - one from a van and the tank was full as was the tank from a Pickup. It has its own ECU System, looms going here there and everywhere - joining the Daihatsu loom in a number of places, Changeover Solenoids for petrol to LPG and back again. Gas pipe from the tank to one of the solenoids, hot water pipes going to the Vapourisor, mounting of the Vapourisour, mounting of the LPG Tank and all its wiring. Switch on the Dashboard with wires connected to the vehicle loom and the LPG.

I gave up in the end with both of them and just removed the bits that owner's were likely to buy. I got the pick up loom out but had to cut the LPG Loom away from the vehicle loom and despite taking loads of step
by step photos and marking wires it was just impossible to get both looms out together in one complete loom.

The chaps in Poole that used to fit the system for Romahome deserved a medal for the work they did. Utter nightmare.

Back to top Go down

Post by buttondup Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:46 pm

I'm not disputing the 80% fill stop level, my query was why, if the tank is 40L, can I only get 27 max in.
27L is 65% of 40L.
How many litres can you usually get in?
buttondup
buttondup
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by gogopiaggio Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:09 am

Woodie wrote:it truly is a nightmare

I knew you'd have the answer. I'll keep that mod purely in the realms of fantasy. Thanks Woodie.

gogopiaggio
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:44 am

Perhaps it is the same as the van one then - 35 litres 28 litres divided by 4 is 7 multiplied by five is 35 litres which is what I have always stated about the van tank.

So it would seem that the Pick-Up Tank is also 35 litres  after all
, despite looking bigger being a good bit longer than the Van Tank although a smaller diameter.
If you are so obsessed by one or two litres then phone Dorset LPG Services yourself and get the answer - and then we can all get some sleep not worrying about 2 litres of LPG.

THIS IS WHY I AM CHUCKING IT IN ON HERE FROM WEDNESDAY 31ST OF JULY. I HAVE HAD ENOUGH WASTING MY TIME ON HERE TEACHING IDIOTS TO BE BRAIN SURGEONS (Not you Buttondup). I am having a break in Bournemouth to welcome my 19 year old Grandaughter back from a year in Winnipeg. All  of our families meet up there every year for a decent break Last year it was to say goodbye to Hannah on the 18th of August for 2 years. One year of extreme opposite temperatures has been enough for her. She is back on the 28th of July.

So when I come back I will only be open for spares - not answering silly questions that have been asked 100 times before. I need a few months rest to do what I want to do - for a change. I now know how Highly Jetted - Matt felt and I am twice his age.

I have mentioned that I am off in August a couple of times on here and I let Raggy know a couple of months ago.

I hope that you can sort out between you who is going to be the next Oracle on here.

Back to top Go down

Post by buttondup Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:58 am

I wish I had another 5L space in tank though.  That would equate to about another 25miles between refills.  As the nearest fill station is 14 miles away, it could make a difference to me.  I am usually working near them, but not always at the intervals I'd like.
My chain of thought was that if, as Woodie says, the tank is 40L then it might have been that when DorsetLPG replaced fill stop, another went in that was designed for tank of different dimensions - they actuate at a certain angle I believe.

On a side note, I know someone with an LPG skid & dispenser pump who was offering to sell it me for £500.  I had an ideal situation for it to be sited on hardstanding, sufficiently far away from buildings but also possible to get a power supply to it.
I gave up in the end trying to transport it to site because as soon as any courier I tried found out it had gas in it (approx 700L,) they didn't want to know.  Unfortunately, the pump was fixed to side of tank which made it slightly too wide for any trailer I could get access to (7'8")
buttondup
buttondup
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by buttondup Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:03 am

Fuel tank capacity and fuel consumption Tank10
buttondup
buttondup
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:18 am

We did have 4 sources of LPG - but last year lost 3 of them so the only one for me is a 12 mile journey to get LPG. As I only go to Newport a couple of times in a month I fill up then. But most of the time time I run on Petrol and because the Sender Unit is tempramental,
I always leave the LPG as a reserve tank.

But since December 17th I haven't filled the LPG Tank up - it was off the road until the end of April while I was doing the Mot work, Suspension Mods and new brakes and front to back brake pipes and fit a new 100amp Alternator with Grand Move Polyvee belt and pulleys that it took me so long to get it back on the road and as we have 3 other Estate Cars it wasn't a priority.

That storage tank would have looked silly under your pick up anyway. With wheels 6ft of the ground there would have been logistics problems too. lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:25 am

Fuel tank capacity and fuel consumption Dsc_5810
Fuel tank capacity and fuel consumption Dsc_5912

And these 6 130 watt New Mini Cooper Chrome spotlights too.

Back to top Go down

Post by buttondup Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:30 am

buttondup
buttondup
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:41 pm

I was once offered a dual-fuel van with an additional tank for extra range. It was a cube about 2'6" IIRC, mounted behind the seats. I didn't even bother driving it.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:23 pm

NO!! 80% of 35 litres is 4 fifths of the total capacity. A fifth of 35 litres is 7 litres so 4 fifths is 28 litres - which is what Buttondup is saying is all that he can get in his Pick-ups Tank. So it seems that although they are two different sized dimensions - they both hold 35 litres.

I was sure that the Pick-Up tank Was 40 litres as I have seen it either in a post on the Forum or in some information that I have accumulated over many years and lots of handbooks and Wallets - about 25 I counted this morning and numerous Romahome ones too. Now you can see why I am packing in the Forum in two weeks time. It consumes so much of my time and is very stressful.

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolJet Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:51 pm

CAPACITÀ
SpecificationDesc./QuantitySerbatoio del carburanteCapacità (Pick Up): 35 l
Serbatoio del carburanteCapacità (Van): 33 l

http://workshopmanual.com/doc/d3146-workshop-manual-porter-1-3-16v-workshop-pdf/read?page=25

So 33 litres is wrong? Or is this only about the LPG tank
CoolJet
CoolJet
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:54 pm

No. I Was talking about the Petrol tank holding 35 litres as well as the LPG Tank but always thought the van petrol tank was the same as the Pickup at 33.litres.
See, I am not too old to be learning new facts and figures.
As I mentioned a few minutes ago you are Welcome to take over as the new Oracle in two weeks when I leave here for an indeterminate length of time on the 31st of July.

It will drive you mad and you get very few thanks for the work you put into writing answers to all the questions. I have posted 3,788 times now since first joining the Forum on 2nd of February 2013.
Only Highly Jetted has posted more times at 5,436 since September 2011. Dear Ole Logi is now 128 posts behind me.

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolJet Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:11 pm

I see it got a bit confusing. But the 80% are only about the LPG of course. Its just the fuel sensing nozzle at the petrol station stop us from overflowing the petrol tank. If you pull it out further you can fit another litre if you are keen. but i am always not sure if the meter is accuate so you might be paying extra for stutering in the last few drops.

I never drained it completely but i have driven way beyond the last index on the gauge. Been abled to fill in over 30 litres i think one time. So it had to be almost dry.

Also i cant really take your place here i am afraid. I am not even an islander. Razz
I can try to be on here a bit more regularly then the last 4 years and help out here and there.
Others are making an effort, too and are credited much too llittle (starting with Raggy... and you know who you are). We will try to keep things alive. But you cant leave. You are essential. Things could fall appart. Now with HJ gone and logi missing.

Also this is mainly an English forum and most english people probably hate germans (i hate them too)    Twisted Evil Suspect
CoolJet
CoolJet
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex_Michdebus Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:05 am

Now where the hell is the guy that asked the original question?
Lex_Michdebus
Lex_Michdebus
Centurion

https://youtu.be/zAH2jjzAhU8

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:27 am

Evidently he is clearly not that interested in finding out what he wanted to know. Perhaps he has Googled it. More likely one of Leopard Pagan's OHW's - - One Hit Wonders. He hasn't even been back on the Forum to have a look.

Oh boy I am going to miss this Forum!! 😂 😂

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolJet Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:29 pm

Pretty sad. That car looks interesting. And the number plate, too.

Probably Ghana?! They have better internet in Ghana than in germany so that cant be the reason.
CoolJet
CoolJet
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex_Michdebus Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:40 pm

They only have internet if they climb up a tree.
Lex_Michdebus
Lex_Michdebus
Centurion

https://youtu.be/zAH2jjzAhU8

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:00 pm

Well I filled my empty LPG Tank up this afternoon and it took 28.91 litres so there we have a definitive answer 29 litres in a 35 litre tank. Cost over here £23.12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next