Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hijet camper for sale cheap

2 posters

Go down

Hijet camper for sale cheap  Empty Hijet camper for sale cheap

Post by Greybeard Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:12 pm

Hi everybody.
I'm new here but I have a camper to sell urgently. I posted a lot of details in the introductions page but realised that wasn't the ideal place for it. Apologies for poor etiquette!
The van is a 98 1.3EFI with 70371 miles recorded which I believe is genuine. It's a pro camper conversion by JC Leisure.
There are a few issues with it. Usual minor stuff - both external handles on the sliding doors are bust. PO broke one and I broke the other. The doors still open easily with the interior handles.
Headlight reflectors are poor but they passed the last MoT.
It has a couple of minor dings from the PO and it's lost one of the front passenger door rubbers.
The ignition lock is worn and I have to wiggle the key to start it. It has an Mot still but it'll probably want a patch on the exhaust next time.
It's not totally rust-free but all I can see is a bit of surface corrosion and a spot of bubbly paint next to one of the side windows. I haven't found anything structural, it's extremely clean for its age.
It has a two rings stove with gas cylinder, a sink with small water tank and pump and the soft furnishings are clean and in good shape except I'd want new curtains if I were keeping it. The bed can be used as a single or a double. Lots of storage underneath and two lap-strap seat belts in the back. There is a domestic battery and a site power cable and the van has a trailer hitch. The engine battery is about 4 months old.

The big issue is the common overheat problem. The PO told me she had a new thermostat fitted and a manual switch for the fan, so evidently the thermal switch has failed. I think the 'stat isn't opening properly as the bottom hose remains cool even with the engine temp gauge around 75%. There is no evidence I can find for a head gasket failure. The oil is clean and there is no cheese in the oil cap. It's not blowing steam from the exhaust.

The engine starts immediately and runs really happily. It's useable to go to work and back which is less than a mile each way but it will brew up in about 6 miles in this hot weather. That's my main reason for selling cheap. I've never got to use it for what I wanted to do which was the odd night /weekend away with my little dog. Instead it's got used as a work van and always seems to be full of tools and stuff for the recycling yard. I also have a 70s MG Midget which wants my attention and I just don't have the time and patience for them both so something has to go. In my job I seldom get days off and when I do I want to drink beer and sleep lol!

I'm offering it here first as I'd like a proper enthusiast to have it, otherwise I'll put it on evilbay next week. As to value; no reasonable offer refused but I won't give it away. As a newbie I can't post my email address here but I'll watch the message board closely. Happy to send photos if anyone wants some.

Thanks for your patience!

Greybeard

Back to top Go down

Hijet camper for sale cheap  Empty Re: Hijet camper for sale cheap

Post by kernowjon01 Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:08 pm

Greybeard maybe it would be a good idea to give your location - I mean if you are in Aberdeen the sdd is no good to me in Cornwall and vice versa. Rolling Eyes
Jon
kernowjon01
kernowjon01
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Greybeard Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:29 pm

Quite right Jon. I did in fact say in my other post that the van is in the kintyre peninsula, but it slipped my mind here.
Postcode PA28.
Cheers.

Greybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down