Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buying a new van for spares

3 posters

Go down

Buying a new van for spares Empty Buying a new van for spares

Post by debz Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:09 pm

Hi all just thought I would let you know I am on my way to wick at the weekend to buy another van.Its a 1.3 efi the guy has replaced many new engine parts but he thinks the head is gone. I'm looking to get it more for locks winows doors etc although I have an older van which I am coming along nicely with now I think £300 is a good buy and just wondered if these parts would still be ok as it's only the engine and front that's a different shape too mine.
debz
debz
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Buying a new van for spares Empty Re: Buying a new van for spares

Post by debz Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:15 pm

debz
debz
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:43 am

Doesn't look too bad, might only need a decent bleed to sort it out - then you'd have a dilemma!

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:57 pm

Are you sure you'd not just be better off and fix this new van?
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by debz Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:04 am

Well picked up my van and back home. I'm really happy with it guy was totally genuine which was a bonus. He has replaced many parts on the engine including new radiator new thermostat etc. He has bled the van but it's still overheating so now got to find out the problem. Bodywise it is a bit rusty and looks like it needs break pads etc. If it can be sorted I will be considering getting it on the road. Inside looks ok just a wee tidy up. Travelled over 500 miles for just under £50 so can't argue with that and the drive and views were worth it too. You would never believe it but the guy originally bought it from dundee so its back where it started. He did say he never did anything other than pay a fortune for engine parts so for £300 was still a bargain. He still has the rear seats if anyone was looking for any.
debz
debz
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:29 pm

Buying a new van for spares Img-2021
Buying a new van for spares Dsc_1910
Before and after. The I'm sure that many of our regulars will remember the rather smokey and rattly Green Diamond that Debz from Dundee bought and it turned out to be Cut Glass. She persevered with all the problems and issues and ran it for about six months and then treated herself to a Bedford Bambi Motor Caravan which she loves.

So the Green Diamond had to go and she sold it a couple of weeks ago to I believe to another Trader. It has had a total face-lift and is currently up for sale on Gumtree for - - - - wait for it - - a day dreaming £1,900 - - - - or should that be Nightmare. Well at least it is not Debbie's Nightmare anymore.

Back to top Go down

Post by debz Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:49 pm

Nice colour
debz
debz
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by debz Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:54 pm

Still loved the registration though. The white van I bought for spares is also up and running thermostat was buggered and o hole In petrol pipe. Sold it to a friend for what i paid for it and its looking good will get pics to show you when its done.
debz
debz
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down