Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BEEN DIGGING OUT MORE SPARES FROM ONE OF MY UNBURNT UNITS. HONDA ACTY PICK-UP SPARES.

Go down

BEEN DIGGING OUT MORE SPARES FROM ONE OF MY UNBURNT UNITS. HONDA ACTY PICK-UP SPARES.  Empty BEEN DIGGING OUT MORE SPARES FROM ONE OF MY UNBURNT UNITS. HONDA ACTY PICK-UP SPARES.

Post by Guest Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:51 pm

I have been trying to keep busy in the days since mum passed away last week. I finished stripping three Hi-Jets and they were picked up by the Scrap Man on Wednesday. So had a good tidy up in the yard and started stripping yet another DUAL FUEL O2 PICK-UP. Got bored with that and decided to dig out as many of the Honda Acty Pick-Up Spares as I could get in my MPV. Found loads of spares that I had forgotten about and more Hi-Jet spares too. Nice One.

Lots of rear light units, indicators, repeaters and side lights, 12volt Regulators, a couple of radiators, 3 sets of genuine door mirrors, 2 very good petrol tanks, door hinges, 3 Carburettors 2 speedo clusters and one of the very early ones too. 10 wiper motors, 6 plastic battery trays and metal side covers.

4 complete Sets of very tidy unused Pick-Up sides and tailgates - all stored since the mid Eighties, gear levers, loads more bits and pieces.

Also several Romahome early rear stable door assemblies, a couple of brand new double glazed stable door windows, new back door locks water tank inlets and caps for freshwater tank. But the real GOLD DUST is a  pair of Aluminium Framed, tinted toughened glass Romahome side windows with top opening sliding window for ventilation. Rare as Rocking Horse Poo. I have got new window rubbers for them and the Plastic Double Glazed units. Altogether a good day's work.

Last edited by Woodie on Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:31 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

BEEN DIGGING OUT MORE SPARES FROM ONE OF MY UNBURNT UNITS. HONDA ACTY PICK-UP SPARES.  Empty Re: BEEN DIGGING OUT MORE SPARES FROM ONE OF MY UNBURNT UNITS. HONDA ACTY PICK-UP SPARES.

Post by kernowjon01 Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:39 am

Woodie - have you got the side skirts? Or news on when you may have them?
Jon
kernowjon01
kernowjon01
Centurion

Back to top Go down

BEEN DIGGING OUT MORE SPARES FROM ONE OF MY UNBURNT UNITS. HONDA ACTY PICK-UP SPARES.  Empty Re: BEEN DIGGING OUT MORE SPARES FROM ONE OF MY UNBURNT UNITS. HONDA ACTY PICK-UP SPARES.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:22 pm

I have been over there to chase Eddie up yet again as he is not answering my calls or messages. He wasn't there and both sides were still in the same place so I have retrieved them.

I have been given the name of a good reliable Fibreglasser in Ventnor so I will visit him later this week. Virtually all day tomorrow is at the Hospital again. Getting fed up with this keep failing the Mot lark. Thankfully the very tidy T reg Grand Move I bought in 2014 from a one owner in Plymouth went through the Mot on Friday morning - again with no advisories. Fourth time in a row. Amazing really. I had the exhaust off back in September and welded up 3 holes in welded seams and put a couple of strengthening brackets on the pipe to Cat seam. But that is all I have done in four years. Could do with an oil change now and 250cc of ZX1 Oil Additive to make it even smoother running and quicker. I have got an identical W reg silver one at my yard. Started up in 2 seconds after being stood in the same place for almost 3 years. Amazing stuff these Daihatsu Grand Move Engines. The radiator is no bigger than the Hi-Jet one yet 1600cc and heavier than the Hi-Jet they never overheat.

Back to top Go down

Post by kernowjon01 Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:42 pm

Thanks Woodie I think my van deserves the little extra Very Happy
Or she will after doing Land's End to John o' Groats and Lizard to Dunnets Head. Plus the little extra jaunt to Edinburgh a fortnight after we get back from the first trip North.
Sensors still a nightmare changed the Lambda drove 30 miles light back on but no effect on performance wierd or what?
At the moment leaving well alone - how much for a spare ECU if you have one? 2001 4 coil setup.
Jon
kernowjon01
kernowjon01
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:17 pm

If the light is still coming on with new Lamda Sensors then I would suspect the Cat itself. If you can get it on the Diagnostics Analiser at your usual Mot Garage it should be able to tell you if it is a faulty Cat or sensors. Have you replaced both with the correct ones. The two sensor ones are different to the single sensor ones. Single sensor are 4 wire. Twin Sensors are Two wires I seem to remember.
I have got an ECU should you need one.

With LPG models if the orange light comes on whilst running on petrol flicking it over to LPG for five seconds puts the light out. Mine only usually comes on when the engine has been idling from cold for a while. The LPG switch sorts that out, but unfortunately you don't have that option and obviously my Cat is in good condition. Also a real good thrashing for a good distance sometimes puts the light out. But once again I guess depending on the condition of the cat. I have seldom had to change a Cat I must admit.

I would definitely see if it is the Cat at your garage. Worth a try.

Back to top Go down

Post by kernowjon01 Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:47 pm

Hi Woodie - Thanks for the prompt reply - I'll get the Cat checked - they are both - 4 wires on each sensor - Toyota wiring by the looks of the references.
On the OBD first time it said Oxygen sensor 1 bank 1 - I have not had the OBD on it since it lit up again. Will the OBD show a faulty Cat or is that too complex a fault?
Jon
kernowjon01
kernowjon01
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:25 am

Not sure on that Jon. With the couple of times I have had it give the problem my garage diagnosed it with the readings from the Exhaust Gas Probe in the exhaust system.

Back to top Go down

Post by kernowjon01 Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:59 pm

Woodie, More and more mysterious - confused I put the OBD reader on again - the diagnosis was multiple misfire - I say wierd because the van drove 10 miles of twisty Cornish B road with a small town at each end and 2 - 30 limits en route in 35 minutes - hitting 60 on the 2 straights. No misfire detected. confused confused confused
Jon
kernowjon01
kernowjon01
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down