Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front washer jet pump replacement

4 posters

Go down

Front washer jet pump replacement Empty Front washer jet pump replacement

Post by agerstone Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:39 pm

On the 1996 Hijet i'm picking up soon I've been told the Washer Jet Pump is knackered - has anyone ever tried one of the '12V Washer Water Pump Kit Set - Bottle, Pump, Joiners, Tube & Switch For Van MPV' item No. 361721729953 on eBay as a replacement? (Apologies, can't post a direct link as I'm too new)

The description says it should fit but I normally don't trust them. Thanks all!

agerstone

Back to top Go down

Front washer jet pump replacement Empty Re: Front washer jet pump replacement

Post by Raggy Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:09 pm

Before buying anything give the contacts a good clean as they get corroded from just where they are. Not sure but think they are the same as on my 993, difficult to access under the water resevoir. Mine did the same. Contacts corroded, just needed cleaning up. Doubt they have worn out as think how much they get used. Motors either just stuck from non use or as I think, contacts just corroded. Remove, test, clean, test, job done......however....if they are 'knocked' then I have no idea if a universal one would fit. Maybe just get one from a scrapper on eBay?
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:55 pm

Yes, try that first when you get it. Maybe hose is kinked or blocked. I have one on my spares van I think if you need it. Anyway, welcome and whereabouts are you?

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by wrightgeordie Mon May 01, 2017 9:56 am

Don't be put off by the unavailability of spare parts available on line. I needed 2 new washer pumps and sealing grommets to get through the MOT test. I gave up after a fruitless search on the usual websites, the extortionate amount of money being asked by some suppliers for second hand parts is beyond a joke. I took my washer bottle to my local friendly parts shop and they gave me two universal washer pumps and new sealing grommets that were a perfect fit for £12 all in inc VAT.
wrightgeordie
wrightgeordie
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down