Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

washer system

4 posters

Go down

washer system Empty washer system

Post by rich the mechanic Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:13 pm

I know I have a copy of the manual but I cant find the washer system for love nor money is it even in there failing that I need to fix the rear washer and wiper the wiper is no prob got the wiring diagram but does the one washer bottle feed both screens? if not where is the rear one as I haven't found it monkey

Rich.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

washer system Empty Re: washer system

Post by leopard_pagan Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:09 pm

1 bottle under front passenger seat feeds both screens.
when i fitted backing plates for my vans tow hitch, i came across a black tube 5mm rear drivers side. . i thought it was rubber tubing housing a wire/s. it had been pinched by the numpty who did a hack job at fitting the hitch. when i loosened the bolts it started leaking green...... i had to cut the pinched bit away, crimp the tube and buy a fish tank air line join pipe thing.. works a treat!

one thing i did notice (hijet) that you cant get to the rear screen squirter...
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:37 pm

Ta at least I have somewhere to start looking for why it don't work.

Rich.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by SkippyGLI Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:03 pm

Rich,

Mine stopped work too, very recently, infact the day after I filled the tank. At first I thought it was the pump, but after a gander under the seat realised that the pipe had come away from its mounting on the pump - it's only a push fit. My constant button pushing to check see if it was working emptied the tank Rolling Eyes thats part of the reason it wasn't spraying any more!!! Anyway, 2 seconds with a pair of long nosed pliers solved the problem.

I suspect the reason it came off was because when I got the van the line was blocked and I used a combination of welding wire from the nozzel end and the electric pump at the other to force the crap out and get it working again, perhaps I over pressured it to the extent the pipe popped off.............
SkippyGLI
SkippyGLI
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:12 pm

I am sure the line will be full of crap but the front works so I assume that there are two pumps and I can't hear the one for the back working also got to sort out the wiper itself cant get it to trigger but have had it all apart and the motor which is free moving has continuity where it should have and don't where it shouldn't, cleaned all the rotor contacts and checked the earth and still nowt but need to study the wiring diagram as have a constant power but nothing else had the switch apart and cleaned and checked that too. Might need a new motor but will suffer without untill I work it out.

Rich.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by SkippyGLI Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:17 pm

Rich, as far as I figure there are two motors on the feeder bottle one for the front, the other for the rear - I've not looked but assume they are side by side. Sounds like one of them has packed up.
SkippyGLI
SkippyGLI
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Tukz Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:05 am

Yes there are two pumps. As your rear wiper isn't working either I would think it could be a wiring problem from the stalk, but I may be wrong.
Tukz
Tukz
Centurion

http://www.tuktuktravel.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:35 pm

I have checked the switch out which is dash mounted on mine but havent got any further than that however to add to the washer probs I drove the van to work for the first time today hit the washer for the front and the metal nozzle on my side of the turret flew out Exclamation so now need to find something to relace that with Suspect

Rich.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by SkippyGLI Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:44 pm

LOL Rich, same thing here, so I chopped the end off a tube inside a ball point pen (a bic or similar), cut the tip at an angle and using some sealant replace the ball - it works even better than the before!
SkippyGLI
SkippyGLI
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:10 pm

Well I be!
SkippyGLI wrote:LOL Rich, same thing here, so I chopped the end off a tube inside a ball point pen (a bic or similar), cut the tip at an angle and using some sealant replace the ball - it works even better than the before!
I will give that a go I was looking for something to use today as a bodge but we only have cheap scratch pens and I hadn't thought of using a pen any good ones are snagged and hidden will have to hunt down a decent biro to steal Wink I might do a how to bodge the washer jets with your permissin to use the patent.

Rich.

Last edited by rich the mechanic on Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling correction)
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down