Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Washer jet

3 posters

Go down

Washer jet Empty Washer jet

Post by Grecian68 Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:29 pm

Getting van ready for test and found that one of the jets was missing from the body of the jet assembly? water coming out looked like a drinking fountain. no problem I thought, got some repo ones from ebay couple of quid. How to get jet out!!! speedo out etc, managed to squeeze my arm through and remove the clip, great. Fit new jet, doesn't fit, cut away in body at wrong angle so jets would be pointing 90deg out, great. My original thought was to pop a jet out of an old one and see if I could push back in. This worked so now all good, except I stripped it down for no reason, but good for the experience!!!!. Shocked

Grecian68
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Washer jet Empty Re: Washer jet

Post by Guest Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:08 pm

You are certainly learning fast G68. For me with my pair of Coal Shovels that would be impossible. It would be a major dashboard back a bit/lot job for me But only if the body of the jets are damaged.

The usual Gorilla's that try to pull the whole thing off I have seen so many times. But as you have discovered the tiny Swivel EyeBall can be replaced so long as the tiny housing it sits in isn't damaged.
I used one of the 4 piece Mini Hook and Pick Set. They are invaluable for lots of jobs including getting the Window Winder Handle Clip off - although I prefer to use Venetian Blind Cord looped up from underneath the Winder. 95% of the time that works a treat - but if not then I resort to the tiny 4 piece Dentists Pain Inflicting Tools.

Well done for your persistence and for sharing it with the Forum.

Back to top Go down

Post by Grecian68 Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:12 pm

Thankyou for the input, hopefully will pass mot next week so can actually get out in it. Then the heater blower is the next hurdle as only working on full speed at mo, but I can live with this for now.

Grecian68
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:07 pm

That'll be the rheostat, another easy* thing to get to!

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by g149 Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:01 pm

So pleased I read your advice and simply unplucked the tiny round jet from a spare and simply pressed into into place. Saved me so much woe. Chris

g149
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:18 pm

Thanks for the reminder, I need to do that before MOT in a few weeks. I find a safety-pin through the hole is an ideal wayn of winkling them out.

Was your spare a Hijet one or from another vehicle? Not sure if most are same size as don't have a spare one to hand.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by g149 Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:03 pm

Yes, you have to be careful selecting the correct replacement. I found a new Hijet nozzle advertised on ebay for £7 that looked the same.  However, upon arrival discovered it was slightly shorter and the jet balls were a different size.  I ended up buying used part from Hijet being broken up and the jet balls were identical. Simply plucked out and in using a safety pin.

g149
Centurion

PFM likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down