Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Piaggio

3 posters

Go down

New Piaggio Empty New Piaggio

Post by d1noh Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:42 pm

Does anybody know if and when Piaggio will start importing Porters back into the UK, I can't understand why they stopped in the first place, are there any new ones left UK dealerships as I am looking for one
d1noh
d1noh
Centurion

Back to top Go down

New Piaggio Empty piaggo/ hijet

Post by bones 851 Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:49 pm

when buying a can of stardust silver spray paint from my local daihatsu dealer (very expensive) the dealer had looked over my van for the serial number, it appears (he informed me) that dihatsu had sold the hijet rights to piaggio, hence the porter,my hijet is a hybrid part dihatsu, part porter, now it seems dihatsu has bought this back , so i dont know if we will now be able to by a DAIHATSU PORTER, OR A PIAGGIO HIJET Surprised ,WHO EVER SELLS THEM THEY WILL STILL MILK US FOR AFTER SALES THOUGH...... enybody else no the score.....bones,,,, ps where can i now buy less expensive spray paint for the van,,,, cant find it on e-bay any more,,,, affraid
bones 851
bones 851
Centurion

Back to top Go down

New Piaggio Empty Re: New Piaggio

Post by rich the mechanic Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:47 pm

Hi Bones find a local car paint shop or even halfrauds and you can get a colour mixed it not cheap but probably cheaper than a dealer if you can find the paint shop you may be able to do a colour match nearly all car paints are the same and the different brands give them different names I haven't seen a light silver like yours in person but it looks like ford moondust silver which you can get in the holts brand which is a few quid a can (300ml), park next to a ford to compare you can ighten it up a bit with a white primer or darken with a dark silver or black coat first.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by d1noh Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:09 pm

Would you like me to start a new post or would you like me to change the title on this one?
d1noh
d1noh
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:15 pm

Hi it's fine you'll find plenty of threads that wonder off topic and back again Very Happy Very Happy
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

New Piaggio Empty new piaggio

Post by bones 851 Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:07 pm

sorry mate did'nt mean to hijack the thread, just put what was in my mind at the time, hoped the first part of my reply would promt others to get in touch with you,i have come across other hybrid jets, so is there now two models of hijet being made piaggio porter and daihatsu hijet,,,,,,,,cheers bones.... oh and thanks very much for the paint advice rich........ Shocked
bones 851
bones 851
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down