Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

993cc Panel Van

3 posters

Go down

993cc Panel Van Empty 993cc Panel Van

Post by CoolJet Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:34 pm

993cc Panel Van NX2SXuh993cc Panel Van PIYU2DE
993cc Panel Van 4OHAjTY993cc Panel Van OTUKwNn
993cc Panel Van YqQ1PdW993cc Panel Van PDyIp09
CoolJet
CoolJet
Centurion

Back to top Go down

993cc Panel Van Empty Re: 993cc Panel Van

Post by Raggy Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:39 pm

Eeek that looks like new! What year is that?
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolJet Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:04 pm

Very Happy It's 1993 74000km
CoolJet
CoolJet
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:01 pm

You look as though you got a good one there!
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolJet Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:44 am

Wasnt that good when i got it (overpriced, broken). But its now and pays itself off with evey ride. What a Face
CoolJet
CoolJet
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by waz Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:31 pm

Some thing wrong with that van, steering wheel is on the wrong side. Not all is lost though, I will take it off your hands. Very Happy
waz
waz
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolJet Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:39 pm

Yeah it would be nice to drive it in the uk. Good for traffic light stop chats and alike.
CoolJet
CoolJet
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:26 am

I have got an N Reg. Isle of Wight Reg 993cc van with 74,000 in very tidy condition.
Certainly, not as good as this Diamond one above but very clean for the year.

If anyone is up for it I can email you some pictures. Will have a years Mot when sold.
My email address most of your know by now is : hi.jetmaniow@gmail.com Mobile 0786 303030 9.

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolJet Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:21 pm

woody wrote:..not as good as this Diamond one abov...
You almost made me cry there buddy flower

Here is the story of my van:

The car had 3 owners before me. The first was a paperer. He sold it to a neighbour who owned it for a long time and then sold it to the owner off whom i got it less then 3 Month later.

Actually it was only a bit disregarded before i got it. They did the normal repairs and maintainace. They changed the timing belt and motor oil in time and documented it. They also put some paint on the rust but no real effort. They did a little bit of rust protection at the tank and here and there. But as i opened the motor i could see the car was driven with the broken gasket for quite some time supposingly by the second owner. Maybe it also stood around for a time.

The person who owned it before me just put a new exaust on it and got new mot for 2 years to sell it (by his friend at the mot). He owned it less then 3 month. He was a VW T1 and Kübelwagen owner/tuner and told me he didnt manage to get it "low" enough and he wanted to put a hayabusa motor in it and crazy stuff like that. He also had super nice extra wide alloy rims. But i would have never gotten these legal. I think part of what he said may have been lies. I knew it was risky but i wanted to get the hijet ready before winter and as i said the frame was in really good nick, only some minor cooling issues  bom  and it was local so i could pull the car to my brothers house and fix so there was no more hesitation  rendeer  jocolor  geek   study .

Pretty sure the previous owner knew the gasket was gone and didnt want to take the cost and risk to fix it because i think he was spezialised in body work only. And his friend who normally does his mechanical stuff didnt want to do the hijet, because of the tightness and bad accessability of the motor and such. He also told me he riddled around with the overheating and somehow some mechanic has told him he wants 700€ for the gasket job. He also told me in another situation he and his wife wanted to use the car for their catering service so maybe all or part of the whole story was a lie because you wouldnt use a low hayabusa hijet as a catering workhorse and you also wouldnt ask a mechanic about the gasket if you put a hayabusa motor in anyway.

Whatever, however... The paint was in bad condition especially on the inside of the panels and the rear had a very badly done impact repair. The hijet had extended amount of rust at the rear window and visible rust at the front window. The back was already perforated and there were rust holes under the rails of the sliding doors and in the corners of the sliding doors. The rims were rusty but ok. But the under body floor and frame were really very good. Found no real rust there only, on the removable parts. The cockpit like an old virgin never even had a radio inserted. And as i said she has the new exaust wich the guy had spray on galvanised.

So I only had to fix cooling system, gasket, body, fluids and paint and cavity seal it newly. bounce But now its back again
CoolJet
CoolJet
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:11 am

Hmmmm!!! Yes I hadn't twigged the additional use that left hand drive vehicles have here in the UK. Kerb crawling.

Mind you a Hi-Jet van doesn't exactly have much Street Cred when opposed to Mercs or Beamers. Now who do we know that has a Merc?? Can't think.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down