Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

head gasket or not?

2 posters

Go down

head gasket or not? Empty head gasket or not?

Post by peekatu Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:49 am

Hi I have a Daihatsu hijet  EFI   dual fuel 2003  Van ,every day before I go out I have to top up the radiator sometimes when I'm out it overheats sometimes it don't. When I change the antifreeze and have to let the engine run till the fan kicks in twice the fan works when I'm out and it overheats the fan does not kick in. Is it the head gasket failing or is there a sensor that is failing, Question  I can't understand why the fan does not kick in when I'm driving Mad ..any help would be appreciated THANKS !! Smile

Ps also the expansion tank fills  up  sometimes.....
peekatu
peekatu
Clubman

Back to top Go down

head gasket or not? Empty Re: head gasket or not?

Post by Logi Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:20 pm

Is the bottom hose hot?
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by peekatu Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:55 pm

Logi wrote:Is the bottom hose hot?

Hi I checked it and it was cold, So I decided to clean out the cooling system and bought some wings cooling system cleaner, I put it in the radiator and let it run till it was hot...... drained it out gave the system a good clean out with the hose and Cold water. Then I refill it with antifreeze and let the engine run with the heating turned on until the fan kicked in twice. The following day I topped it up and took it on a 10 mile journey I watched the temperature gauge go over the center Mark and when I got there I let it tick over and the fan kicked in Very Happy I checked the hose on the bottom of the radiator and it was hot!!.. i also took it out the following day on a 22 mile journey as I'm self-employed sometimes I have to travel this far I watched it again go over the halfway mark just a little and the fan kicked in once again Surprised ... I still have two top up the radiator every day though..
peekatu
peekatu
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down