Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hub/Casing that the wheel bearing goes in

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hub/Casing that the wheel bearing goes in Empty Hub/Casing that the wheel bearing goes in

Post by Penny PP Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:06 pm

I'm hoping someone can help me. Im in need of the actual hub/casing ( whatever it is called :-0) that the wheel bearing goes in. It for my piaggio porter which is on an '57 plare. Front nearside
Fingers crossed :-)

Penny PP
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Hub/Casing that the wheel bearing goes in Empty Re: Hub/Casing that the wheel bearing goes in

Post by Penny PP Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:22 pm

Does anyone know what this part is called so I can maybe find one. I found an exploded diagram on an online manual but the picture is a bit rubbish & if I zoom in the picture quality gets ecen worse so you can't read the numbers to tie items up with the given key. I really need to find onr of these asap before my wheel falls off Sad

Penny PP
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Hub/Casing that the wheel bearing goes in Empty Re: Hub/Casing that the wheel bearing goes in

Post by PFM Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:51 pm

Are you looking at page SS-690? If so, have a look at page SS-696 - do you see the part you need on both pages, maybe No. 15 on 696, "steering articulation". I'd call it a wheel-hub, or hub for short. I'm sure Woody or HJ can help you out.

Out of interest, what's happened to yours? Your van is comparatively recent, and I've not heard of someone having to replace one before.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Penny PP Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:20 pm

Yes I was looking at 690 & have now looked at 690 & it looks like it is the steering articulation. My local mechanic drew me a rough sketch of what it looked like so that certainly seems to it. I needed a names for it, he thought it maybe called a hub too. Not sure what happened to it, I got an advisory on the mot this week for the wheel bearing but it seems the bit it fits in is worn & sloppy. The mechanic thinks that maybe at sometime the bearing seized & someone has carried on trying to drive it. I got the van at the end of august, it had belonged to a hotel in the lake district & you know how it is sometimes with vehicles like that the people driving them don't give a damn, as it's not theirs. It had no end on the exhaust when I got it, it just finished at the box and the sun visor has been used for writing their jobs to do list on. Managed to get some of that off but not all of it. Lucky my mot came up not too long after I got it I guess. I have woodys phone number so shall give him a call this evening. I don't have a number for HJ though. Thanks for your help

Penny PP
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:38 pm

You're welcome. Speak to him nicely and he might throw a cleaner visor in too!

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Penny PP Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:52 pm

Lol ! I just got off the phone to him. He will check first thing but he doesn't think he has a nearside one off a van at the mo only offside ones. Seems nearside ones are in demand. I will call him again later on tomorrow morning to see if he does have one off a van. The next option will be to put in my details on those online breakers I think see if I can locate one somewhere. I have asked this evening on the post that HJ has up about the van he is scraping so maybe he may have one

Penny PP
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:53 pm

I think you must have spoke to woody!!
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:53 pm

I will have a look for you in the morning
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by Penny PP Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:54 am

Thank you Very Happy

Penny PP
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:55 am

Yes Penny did ring me last night Matt about a hub assembly and I have never heard of them being called " an Articulation Unit"  before - -  have  you??  

I did  say that I thought I only had offside ones on the shelf as its always  nearside ones that are ask for.  
Obviously Hi-Jet owners are taking your advice Matt and going kerb crawling and cocaine taking as its nearly always the nearside that's asked for -  hitting the kerb and all the potholes.

But that certainly can't be the answer in Penny's case can it??  
Dont even go there Logi you Old Perve!! Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post by Penny PP Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:40 am

I wondered why my partner James always wants to take my van instead of his own car if he goes out in the evenings. His excuse was he would lose his parking space on the road & would end up parked up streets away but my van has designated parking. He must be out kerb crawling Smile

Penny PP
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Penny PP Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:40 am

I wondered why my partner James always wants to take my van instead of his own car if he goes out in the evenings.  His excuse was he would lose his parking space on the road & would end up parked up streets away but my van has designated parking. He must be out kerb crawling Smile

Penny PP
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Penny PP Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:44 am

I take it Highly Jetted is Matt from reading your post Woody ? You mentioned Matt last night ( that sounds a bit like we had a secret liason last night Woody )

Penny PP
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by bushwhacker Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:12 pm

If this is to do with wheel bearings, might it come under the recall notices? If so, the fix might be free.
bushwhacker
bushwhacker
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Penny PP Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:29 pm

Yes it is the hub/casing the wheel bearing goes in. How would I find out about recall notices ? Would a recall cover something that is 7 years old ?

Penny PP
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:53 pm

It certainly did with the Propshafts. And recently the Petrol Tanks I believe.

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:23 pm

I don't think any piaggio porters were recalled.

They are not even on the VOSA list http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/default.asp
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:19 pm

There is a recall for Hijets, always worth asking, i got the propshaft done last year on a 51 plate.
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:22 pm

woody wrote:
Dont even go there Logi you Old Perve!! Embarassed

I have no problems, saves your hubs if you just go dogging instead.......... affraid
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:29 pm

I've driven old dogs all my life Logi. Never had a really nice car like some of the lovely beasts you have owned.
I think the newest car I have ever owned was three years old when I was in my twenties.
I certainly wouldn't ever buy a new car even though my best mate Stan who died on October 17th left me a six figure legacy.

I will stick with playing with Hi-Jets but will have some spare dosh to build a nice quick 1600 lump.
Will be nice to just play at Hi-Jets instead of having to work at them and I have had another surprise this week. Another pension I had completely forgotten about so got three pensions to come in March.

Never thought I would WANT to retire but I am damn well going to now.
I
But panic ye not all of you. I WILL STILL KEEP THE SPARES COMING FOR FORUM MEMBERS
Just wish I could find a source of headlights for everyone though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:33 pm

You may wish to look up dogging in the urban dictionary.....
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:41 pm

I am perfectly aware of to what it refers Logi. English Language was my best subject in my Education.
I just love the banter that you and I share.
Really livens up the Forum. But if I ever take it too far and cross the line please say so.

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:23 am

Smile
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Penny PP Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:00 pm

Have just spoken to a guy in western super mare who deals with new porters & parts. He says he will send me the hub & flange complete for £150 + vat. With fed ex delivery woul do be a total of £192.......... Just wondered if that sounded ok or should I be as well to source a 2nd hand one

Penny PP
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Penny PP Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:02 pm

What would be a rough price of a 2nd hand one Woody or HJ if I can locate one ?

Penny PP
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:17 pm

Hub/Casing that the wheel bearing goes in Imag0310

Hub/Casing that the wheel bearing goes in Imag0311

This is the only passenger side one I have.

I have lots of complete drivers sides!

Last edited by HighlyJetted on Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:37 am; edited 1 time in total
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by Penny PP Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:34 pm

Fantastic Very Happy You are a star Very Happy I'm a happy hunny bunny albino I will call you tomorrow. Thanks Nikky

Penny PP
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:12 pm

What a rip off. £150.!! UNBELIEVABLE.  Matt and I from  memory charge  £30 and £45  for a complete hub assembly with Flange and disc.
Like Matt I have got numerous offside assemblies as I first said on Friday when we first spoke.
Time to put up prices it seems. Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:25 pm

To be fair, it's what i'd expect a new part to be?
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:16 am

Good point Logi. I didn't see the "new" bit. In which case I would expect it to be a lot more than that.
Bearing Carrier, Bearings, Splined Stub Axle, Drive Flange, 4 Wheel Studs, Centre Nut and Washer all new for £150. I would be surprised at Daihatsu prices when you apply Daihatsu Price Structuring logic.
Which seems to be think of a £Number and Quadruple it then add 100%.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next