Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Desperatley Need A New Pipe!

+3
FrontBackSide2Side
PFM
rajrakhiria
7 posters

Go down

Desperatley Need A New Pipe! Empty Desperatley Need A New Pipe!

Post by rajrakhiria Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:50 pm

Hi Folks,
I have only recently come across this forum (via a 'google' search)! Plus Stuart (Woody) has been a phenomenal! I have had Hijet's since 1998, latest one I've had since 2000. Other than me not checking the oil, many years ago (and having to pay £750) for a engine rebuild. Its been a great workhorse and asset to the family!

Year of Vehicle: 1998 Registration: S Fuel Type: Petrol (Panel Van)

I've only had minor problems, and general road wear concerns. However now its getting on a-bit (like we all are). I now have to come to an equation of justifying any major repair to the vehicle hence certain parts are astronomical priced. Primarlily due to no more 'Daihatsu' vehicles coming into Europe! (Long Live Woody)!

The moral of the story is I am desperate for 2 parts of the exhaust (cat part & silencer).Quotes I have had for aftermarket new are exhausitive! (Daihatsu Uk Prices £269 Rear Box/Silencer - Catalytic Converter £426)! affraid
Probably cheaper to catch a flight and ship one over!

This can not be justified for re-sale value. I am willing to make small exceptions as I know the van's annual mechanical service history, not forgetting the engine re-build!

Please can anyone give direction locally. I live in Wednesbury, Midlands (Near M6, Junction 9). Will consider travelling if I have too, and will also deliberate second-hand parts!

The other solution is to have one custom made (I am looking into this). Another option is to trade into breakers yard. However this is my last option, we Hijet owners know how unique and exclusive these micro-vans are. Alternatively I may part exchange for a Daihatsu Atrai, Extol or Toyota Sparky.

This is a little ambitious with such a topic on a first time post, but you guys all seem sound, with having same vested interest!

Therefore my contact details are:-

Email: mehndimarquees@hotmail.com
Mobile: 07815-650-118 (as a first please text)

Thanks a bunch(in advance).

Raj king

Last edited by rajrakhiria on Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Omitted Vehicle Details)

rajrakhiria

Back to top Go down

Desperatley Need A New Pipe! Empty Re: Desperatley Need A New Pipe!

Post by PFM Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:39 pm

I'm sure someone round the W. Mids got one made locally and cheaply - have another search on here and you may find the topic.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by FrontBackSide2Side Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:17 pm

I've seen HighlyJetted mention about someone who makes the exhausts, i think they sell them on ebay a lot cheaper than daihatsu.
FrontBackSide2Side
FrontBackSide2Side
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:18 am

i had the same problem and took a cat from a charade 1.3 and welded that on the spot.
than i took another second hand silencer and modded it to fit the hijet..

it helps if you have a friend who can weld ...i only paid 20 euros for the silencer,the cat came from a friend and the welding was free Embarassed Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Penny PP Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:07 am

I got one last week from my local exhaust place in maidstone for £162 inc vat That was for the box & end pipe, they had to make brakets for the end pipe too Smile

Penny PP
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by waz Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:32 pm

Penny PP wrote:I got one last week from my local exhaust place in maidstone for £162 inc vat That was for the box & end pipe, they had to make brakets for the end pipe too Smile

Who did you go to Penny, Maidstone exhausts in bower street?
waz
waz
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:28 pm

HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Penny PP Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:36 pm

Yes Waz, Bower lane tyres & exhaust. Next to what used to be the rope makers arms/the coopers cask. Its only a couple mins walk so handy for me to drop my vehicles there then pop home for a cuppa Smile

Penny PP
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Desperatley Need A New Pipe! Empty Pipe......Update!

Post by rajrakhiria Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:29 am

Thanks all for taking time out to submit a reply to my drama. I've come across a reputable company in Walsall who solely custom make exhaust systems as there primary business. (Although ideally I would love to have a valid reason to go to Kent. (Penny's post £160 something is very attractive). The other company local to me of which I have discovered from the forum is Regis Exhausts, rear box is £100 (supply only).

However the custom made is fairly a competitive deal hence from research not many folks want to attempt to copy the genuine 'Cat'! Not forgetting its stainless steel with a lifetime warranty......so I could always flog it to one of you guys in the future!

Oh yes the price is £295 (supplied and fitted).

As a temporary measure of tied the tail pipe to the chassis, hence I don't get pulled over by ny flashing lights should they not see my tail pipe bom

Raj

rajrakhiria

Back to top Go down

Post by FrontBackSide2Side Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:21 pm

If the reason you want to replace the exhaust is the fact the tail pipe has fallen off the backbox, a few of us on here including myself have welded it back on. 6 months later and mine is still atttached nicely Smile
FrontBackSide2Side
FrontBackSide2Side
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:52 pm

Yeah, i've welded a few back on too.

The system is 2 parts - the back box - the cat.

Cats rarely rot or fail on hijets.

Regis system fits properly as its made in a jig thats time proven.

Custom exhaust places can be a bit hit or miss as they just make it up in situe.

If its an LPG van, there is bugger all space for error.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by singledad Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:09 pm

most of mine is weld!!! had it welded for past 2 mot still holding lol

singledad
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by waz Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:43 pm

Next time I am in Maidstone exhaust I will pop in for a cuppa Very Happy
waz
waz
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:21 pm

Hi Raj. Can you email me a couple of pics of your exhaust. I may be able to help you if I know which type you have. I have been having a clear up and have found all sorts of bits I had forgotten about or had got buried including 4 exhaust systems. They are a bit scruffy but may get you out of trouble for a while.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down