Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over heating

3 posters

Go down

Over heating Empty Over heating

Post by Hogroastbbq Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:24 pm

Hi, I'm new to hijets and any issues with them but I know of one... Overheating! I'm writing this whilst sat in a layby in a Bournemouth as my hijet 1300 overheated yet again! Hoping someone can help. Head got done about 3-4 months ago by previous owner. Last week it overheated and then the cap to the plastic water bottle under passenger seat popped off with pressure. I managed to get it home by stopping every few miles to put water in. I changed thermostat and the old one had been removed anyway, I've flushed the radiator and refilled with water and coolant I also put this steelseal in today as it's meant to be good at repairing head gaskets. I've changed both rad caps, took it for a drive and here I am now! The radiator at the front is cold but pipes etc under passenger seat boiling I've got a fan switch but it's not helping. Heaters blow hot and sometimes cold. If I take rad caps off water comes out. I have no idea what the issue could be. Can anyone shed some light ?! Cheers Ben

Hogroastbbq

Back to top Go down

Over heating Empty Re: Over heating

Post by Hogroastbbq Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:17 pm

Just to add to the list when I drove it earlier it was really rough it felt like it was misfiring but when idling it sounds fine.

Hogroastbbq

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:50 am

Welcome Hogroastbbq

Funny I've just come back from a party with a hog roast, and great it was too!

Your situation is very common I must say, and excuse my somewhat lack of effort to help.... you will find more information about this everywhere across the forum.

Some of it bullshit, some of it great. (both categories will have come from me too!!)

Your van is very repairable, but the devil is in the detail!

Tell me before I type the same old stuff over and over again:-

Are you tooled and experienced in working with engines?

If so, I will point you in the right direction for a proper repair.

What I will say though is if you miss a minor detail here or there, you will go back round in the circle, and only by being hands on with the van itself can you see the details. Behind my computer screen I can only speculate in the right direction.

All the best,

Matt
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:46 am

Check the hose clips and everywhere for a leak, ideally with a pressure tester, a small leak will cause thise symptoms but as HJsays, if its happened a few times it'll be new headgasket time.
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:48 am

And at least if you break down in the Jet you can kip in the back, once broke down in an MGF, 2 seaters get uncomfy just sitting going nowhere Sad
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:59 am

Hogroastbbq??? That's different. You sure your van hasn't got a
case of OVER-EATING rather than overheating ?? Woody.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:05 am

By the way WELCOME. And if your are anywhere near the Beach
stand and give me a wave ( with your hands man-- not the wet type of wave found on the beach ) . I am over on the Isle of Wight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hogroastbbq Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:14 am

HighlyJetted wrote:Welcome Hogroastbbq

Funny I've just come back from a party with a hog roast, and great it was too!

Your situation is very common I must say, and excuse my somewhat lack of effort to help.... you will find more information about this everywhere across the forum.

Some of it bullshit, some of it great. (both categories will have come from me too!!)

Your van is very repairable, but the devil is in the detail!

Tell me before I type the same old stuff over and over again:-

Are you tooled and experienced in working with engines?

If so, I will point you in the right direction for a proper repair.

What I will say though is if you miss a minor detail here or there, you will go back round in the circle, and only by being hands on with the van itself can you see the details. Behind my computer screen I can only speculate in the right direction.

All the best,

Matt

Are you tooled and experienced in working with engines? - limited tools and a bit of knowledge i'm afraid! But let me know what you think I need to do and I will see if I can do it.

Cheers and it didn't over eat it definitely over heated! :-)

Hogroastbbq

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down