Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

993 Fuel Tank

3 posters

Go down

993 Fuel Tank Empty 993 Fuel Tank

Post by PFM Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:46 pm

OK, my 1998 993 failed MOT on leaking fuel tank. Took one off (1995) spares van, Garage fitted but said pump not working and tank too rusty to remove pump and refit with original.

Help - anyone have a cheap 993 petrol tank c/w pump and sender in useable and MOT-able condition?

Meant to check - is the pump in the tank on the 993 of are they talking shite?

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

993 Fuel Tank Empty Re: 993 Fuel Tank

Post by HighlyJetted Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:20 am

Pump is in the tank but they are not just talking shit but actually are shit if they can't get it off - rusted bolts or not!
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:43 am

I have got 2 vehicles I will be breaking. I will have a look at them today and get back to you tonight PFM.

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:45 pm

Much appreciated, thanks.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:03 pm

Hi PFM. I had a hectic day today with Local Planning Department idiot causing chaos as she hadnt got a clue what she was dealing with.
I had a look at the one tank but its not to fantastic but the other van is buried in stinging nettles so will take a riphook with me tomorrow and check it out.
If am roofing till lunch time but will be back at the garage after that.
If you want to send me your phone number by Private Message I can phone or text you as soon as I have looked at it.
Sorry for letting you down tonight. Woody

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:50 pm

No problem, will PM. Not the girl who fancied you you fancied, then?

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:18 pm

Hi PFM. I have been to the workshop this afternoon and slain thousand of stinging nettles and got down between the wall and the van  and slid under as far as possible and got stung on my balding bone-dome. Damn things--I hate them. Then I got stuck--- couldnt get out--had to shout for my mate in the next Garage to come and pull me up. What a laugh if it werent so sad--- but I couldn't get hold of anything on the side of the van to pull myself up on.EmbarassedEmbarassed

Right, back to the tank--( petrol variety-- not my wife ). It is good with black shiny paint on it and I felt around the back and on top where I could get my Mobile Bear Traps in and it
seems pretty good. Obviously cant be 100% sure till I get it out/off which I will endeavour to do tomorrow after a roofing job.

Thank you very much for your very kind and encouraging words about HJ, Logi and myself.
They were very much appreciated my friend. 

Will be in touch tomorrow evening with more details. Woody.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:23 pm

Hi PFM . I have texted to you on the number you gave me but its not YOUR number you have given me. Somebody kindly texted back to say I had the wrong number. lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:09 pm

Embarassed Oops - mis-typed due to the Arthur effect, sorry!

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:38 am

Good morning PFM. I thought I had  better contact you early before you leave for Ireland today. 
I got the petrol tank off yesterday and its very clean and tidy and about 90% bright shiny paintwork so there cant be ANY grizzles from Grotty Mot Man.

I know you are not back till Thursday but I am off down to Bournemouth on Thursday so we had better sort out the cash and sending/collecting details over the phone tonight after you arrive in Ireland. If you can PM me your email address I will send pictures to you. 

I am roofing all day today so wont be taking any calls. I am working at Barton Manor ( Google it ).Queen Victoria owned it for quite a while and latterly until 2009 it was owned by Robert Stigwood (Google) the Multi Millionaire Record Producer who then sold it to a Greek Shipping Tycoon who lost it again in 2011 when his ex-wife dropped him in the cacky with the Greek Tax Men
and he had to sell it to the present owner who is a young dot.com Millionaire for 6 million pounds. He and his wife are really lovely people.

The grounds ( 212 acres ) are open to the public 4 times a year. We have done loads and have  got loads more work there. 

Thats one of the bonuses of living on the Island --- I get to work in such a lot of beautiful places and meet a lot of nice people --- Mark King of Level 42 being another one we have worked for

Last year we did several roofs for Bryan Adams girlfriend ( and Secretary )who had his
 lovechild last year. Oopps !! Married man --bet that cost him.

Have a safe flight ( hope you didnt watch that Worst Plane Crashes programme last night.Very Happy
)

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:47 am

I don't think Bryan Adams is married, and I think he is having a second child with Alicia.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:18 pm

You may be right Matt but only repeating what I was told at the time. I believe she was his " Personal Trainer" originally but she was very close to having the baby when we were there and new pram and baby stuff everywhere.
Have never been a Bryan Adams fan at all so I must admit I didnt take a lot of interest at the time.

HAS THAT SPOILER ARRIVED YET ? GOING TO PHONE THEM AS NOT VERY HAPPY ABOUT THIS

I have just contacted Parcel force and they said the parcel was at Stoke at 10-30 this morning so I wasnt very happy and asked to speak to a supervisor and he just checked and assures me it has now been delivered. 

Can you confirm that please Matt.

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:28 pm

Yep turned up about an hour ago, haven't unpacked it as I'm working on a car Sad
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:30 pm

Great. Thank you Matt.

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:01 pm

Bryan Adams shaggin his secretary? Was that the summer of 69ing...... Wink
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:15 pm

There is absolutely no hope for you is there Logi. You're a lost cause!!!:-) Always causing us to end up in a state of apoplexy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:15 pm

Logi wrote:Bryan Adams shaggin his secretary? Was that the summer of 69ing...... Wink

The penny didn't drop immediately until later that evening and then I forgot about it till now. How would a 77 year old be into Bryan Adams ( second thoughts -- think I had better re-phrase that knowing just how low the moral standards are on this Forum )Very Happy er, how would an elderly Gentleman of Logis age be a fan of Bryan Adams. I would have thought that Mantovani or Russ Conway or Glen Miller would be more the music of choice.

Mind you -- who am I to talk-- MY Internet radio in the bedroom and out in the Garage at home are all tuned into Trance Stations --- Trance FM, Entranced FM, Discover Trance Radio UK, Daybreak FM, Trance FM DJ Station. Just shows -- should never judge a book by its cover. affraidbounceconfused

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:01 pm

Tank arrived today, very well packaged and yes plenty of shiny paint! Tanks very much, Woody.

Just one minor point - when pulling off that white adhesive tape which held on the very protective polystyrene, the paint remained stuck to the adhesive, so I now have a stripey tank!

I think this van might be up for sale soon - anyone interested?

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:00 pm

A Zebra Tank eh? New camouflage now needed on the van paint work too then ? Why not invest in a can of black spray paint and totally cover the tank to protect it against rust before you fit it. Or have you fitted it already.
Took half a day to wrap the damn thing. My concerns were the pipes.
Anyway glad you are pleased. I do aim to please--- but can't always get it right!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down