Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fuel tank, 1.3 EFI van please

2 posters

Go down

Fuel tank, 1.3 EFI van please Empty Fuel tank, 1.3 EFI van please

Post by Malcolm Prior Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:55 pm

Hi everyone, and happy new year.

I recently found a leak around the seam of the petrol tank of my Hijet 1.3 EFI van. I have tried using the petrol tank sealer but it hasnt worked unfortunately.
I am looking for a replacement tank and I was pointed in the direction of this forum. Would any of you know where I might be able to sourse a replacement tank.

Many thanks in advance,
Malcolm

P.S. My son has scribed this for me as i am useless at the internet, on the off chance one of you has one please contact me on my mobile number which is 07984794129.

Malcolm Prior

Back to top Go down

Fuel tank, 1.3 EFI van please Empty Re: Fuel tank, 1.3 EFI van please

Post by buttondup Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:04 pm

hi, i had to replace mine last year and we got one through C&D motor parts in Bridgwater for £318, it is a genuine Daihatsu replacement.
buttondup
buttondup
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:04 pm

Van tank is totally different to the Pickup B.U. So price may well be different.

Sadly none of my petrol tanks survived in the Great Fire of Wroxall.

Unfortunately Malcolm van tanks are rather prone to rusting on the seams. Not the easiest part to come by but thankfully not as impossible as headlights.

What area do you live in? Just a few brief details about yourself always goes down well with the members, particularly as you may have a Forum Member near to you.

Welcome to the Forum and hopefully someone might be able to help you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:11 pm

Being an Old Dinosaur myself and noted for my lack of skills on a Laptop, I find it much easier to use a tablet. Might be worth getting a cheap one and having a go yourself with instructions from your son.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down