Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EMERGENCY ! ! ! Crankshaft Oil Seal (flywheel end) Wanted Desperately !!!

2 posters

Go down

EMERGENCY ! ! !   Crankshaft Oil Seal (flywheel end) Wanted Desperately !!! Empty EMERGENCY ! ! ! Crankshaft Oil Seal (flywheel end) Wanted Desperately !!!

Post by Noddyvan Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:42 pm

What has been a slow leak has now turned out to be not such a slow leak so I am looking for the crankshaft oil seal behind the flywheel.
At least while this is leaking I know that the underneath of 'Noddy' won't rust :-)

Noddyvan
Clubman

Back to top Go down

EMERGENCY ! ! !   Crankshaft Oil Seal (flywheel end) Wanted Desperately !!! Empty Re: EMERGENCY ! ! ! Crankshaft Oil Seal (flywheel end) Wanted Desperately !!!

Post by HighlyJetted Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:49 pm

And decent engineering shop or motor factors will get you one.

But it would be a help if you took the old one out and read the numbers off it.

Those sorts of seals are all pretty standard engineering items.

I do wonder how you know it is that seal until you get the gear box out and the flywheel off?!!! Voodoo? X ray vision? Laughing

While you down there clean the sump out, best thing you can every do to an engine.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

EMERGENCY ! ! !   Crankshaft Oil Seal (flywheel end) Wanted Desperately !!! Empty Re: EMERGENCY ! ! ! Crankshaft Oil Seal (flywheel end) Wanted Desperately !!!

Post by Noddyvan Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:11 pm

X-Ray vision.
Oh, of course. You are nowhere near 50 yet so you haven't got this skill yet. You get the X-Ray skill just after the wisdom skill Laughing
Mind you, it may have helped me, being in the motor mechanic trade for over 25 years, and yes i know that decent engineering places will have an oil seal to fit. I just wondered if anybody on here had a spare going cheapish. ;-)

Noddyvan
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:30 pm

25 years in the motor trade should have taught you not to make any assumptions by now Wink

But anyway, I've just had a look in my tool box and I do have "A" crank oil seat for a CB engine.

But its from a charade CB 70 / CB 80, which may be the same, as they are based on the same block design.

Which oil seal it is, front or back, I do not know.

If you live close enough to pick it up you can just have it.

I can chuck it in a jiffy bag and post it to you but I'd want £3 via paypal gift or bank transfer for the trouble.

On the seal it says "REYCON" and "70 - 92 - 12"

Find out if its right for you yourself as I have no time what so ever as I fly tomorrow at 7am and still not packed yet!

But I can get it sent to you any day next week as I will leave it with a friend.

HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Noddyvan Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:46 pm

Thanks for looking anyway. I will check on the suitability of the seal while you are away.
Just remember to take all of your vitamins because all that flying can make your arms ache rather badly.
Have a great time away. ;-)

Noddyvan
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by Noddyvan Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:49 pm

A bit of a way to come from down Devon I think.

Noddyvan
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down