Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Turbocharged hijet? Anyone?

3 posters

Go down

Turbocharged hijet? Anyone? Empty Turbocharged hijet? Anyone?

Post by ElvHijetter Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:05 pm

i need suggestion of turbocharging my hijet..need more info before i go on for it..if there were any,pls upload some pic Smile
ElvHijetter
ElvHijetter
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Turbocharged hijet? Anyone? Empty Re: Turbocharged hijet? Anyone?

Post by HighlyJetted Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:37 pm

ElvHijetter wrote:i need suggestion of turbocharging my hijet..need more info before i go on for it..if there were any,pls upload some pic Smile

It's just like anything else though mate, just like any other turbo conversion - most are done badly without much a clue of the gear their playing with, nor do they have much of an idea about the whole target air/fuel ratio game and the implications of missing the target a/f ratio. Then they cry when they snap rods, melt pistons, pop head gaskets and crack the head between the valves etc. Bolting stuff on is all pretty straight forwards.

Its pretty easy to fabricate the setup, first bodge the turbo onto the end of the exhaust manifold, then make a hole in the sump for the oil return, then key into the oil pressure sensor to make the oil feed. Then make all your boost hoses to get the air out of the compressor housing, through an intercooler and back into the throttle body or carb (if you want to live dangerously). Sort out your water feed and return if its a water cooled turbo. Plus with the oil feed setup you need to make sure the return flows well without any backing up problems, and make sure the oil feed itself is the correct number of litres per minute required to keep it alive.

Then you hit the hard bit:-
trying to make the ignition timing retard itself by 1 to 2 degrees per 1 psi of boost - as a rule of thumb. And trying to hit the magic 10:1 to 11.5:1 a/f ratio through the WOT boost condition which isn't too hard, the hard bit comes trying to get the fueling right during all those part throttle points.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by harrisjohann Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:49 pm

what if we use inlet manifold of a carb turbo engine fabricate it to fit hijet's inlet ports and boost up? Twisted Evil
I was at the chopshop recently eyeing for this Daihatsu Mira 660 carb turbo complete engine.. and if it works, omg.... affraid

harrisjohann

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:02 pm

Taking bits of a charade CB60 engine would probably get you boosting the stock 993c hijet engine.

They ran an Aisan downdraft carb, with an IHI RHB32 turbo running about 8psi of boost as standard.

Wouldn't be suprised if the CB41 / cb42 was pretty much the same family as the cb60 and you might find the manifold flanges and carb flanges are the same.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down