Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which aftermarket brands for gaskets, seals, belts

2 posters

Go down

Which aftermarket brands for gaskets, seals, belts Empty Which aftermarket brands for gaskets, seals, belts

Post by Highjet_eva Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:34 pm

Hey common enthousiasts,
This is my first post, but I am a long-time lurker. I finally started to replace the headgasket in my 1999 S85 1.3 EFI VAN. All the knowledge to do so I got from this forum, so thank you all a lot!

I am based in Europe and there are tons of aftermarket brands for parts here. Besides that there is also a garage in Germany that sells original DAIHATSU parts. Comes with a price-tag of course.

So since I opened the whole engine to get to the headgasket I would like to replace all the other gaskets and seals  (valve cover, head gasket, intake, exhaust manifold as well as all the bougie and valve seals) as well as the belts. Do you guys and gals and everything in between and beayond have any recommendations considering brands to use.

On the parts sites I get offered packages from Ajusa, Payen, Glaser, Elwis, Victor Reinz, IAP, Redine, Erling, BGA and Ashika. But I could of course also have a look on ebay. What do you think, have experience with?

Cheers,
Nils

For the connoisseur among you I add a picture of my beautiful head gasket.
Which aftermarket brands for gaskets, seals, belts Head_g11

Last edited by Highjet_eva on Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added more brands)
Highjet_eva
Highjet_eva

Back to top Go down

Which aftermarket brands for gaskets, seals, belts Empty Re: Which aftermarket brands for gaskets, seals, belts

Post by PFM Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:05 pm

A head gasket set should include all the gaskets you need. As for brand, Payen are one I recognize from my days in motor parts but that was 40 years ago so their quality might have changed!

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Which aftermarket brands for gaskets, seals, belts Empty Re: Which aftermarket brands for gaskets, seals, belts

Post by Highjet_eva Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:23 am

Heyhey, jeah I am also reading good things about Payen in several Oldtimer forums. So i guess I'll give it a try
Highjet_eva
Highjet_eva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down