Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introduce yourself

3 posters

Go down

Introduce yourself Empty Introduce yourself

Post by Denz1l Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:33 pm

Hi, not totally new to Daihatsu ownership but new to this forum. I have a Hijet 4X4 pickup, 1987.....capable little truck, well at least it was before it decided to go on strike! Hoping to find an answer to its woes within the knowledge base.

Denz1l

Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself Empty New to the forum

Post by Beardyfacecamper Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:16 pm

Hi there. I have a 2008 Piaggio Porter (shhh, its a Hijet with a dodgy badge) that's been part converted to a camper. It's Currently in the garage getting some TLC. (New sliding door hinges, all locks fixed, throttle body clean, Radiator fan switch and something else... EML and sensors) On the whole, it's it in good nick.

Had some trouble sourcing some sensors but I think I've cracked it and should have it back next week. Its a cracking little van. I bought it from a couple that had just travelled round Portugal in it.

If anyone knows of any wheels for sale that fit, I'd be interested.... Currently checking out some 13" Maxda Rx7's but they're way too pricey.

I should add, I also have a 2003 Suzuki Carry that I converted to a micro camper version of my Transit camper. (Yep, in case you hadn't guessed, I like camper vans..). I recently bought some Mk2 MX5 14" wheels to go on it.

The Piaggio/Hijet will be getting a paint job in the next few weeks aswell. I'm thinking copper/bronze.... Although the other vans are both Nato Green.

Anyhooooo, just a quick Hi. I'm sure I'll be asking for some advice from the pro's before long. Very Happy
Beardyfacecamper
Beardyfacecamper

https://www.instagram.com/beardyfacecamper/

Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself Empty Re: Introduce yourself

Post by PFM Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:47 am

HI and welcome! As for the dodgy badge, Piaggio made the Hijet's for Daihatsu under licence in Italy, so if anything's dodgy it's the Japanese badging as the Hijets you know are really Porters.

As for wheels, there were loads of threads about them a few years back, the search function should help. Otherwise it's all been a bit quiet round here lately.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself Empty Re: Introduce yourself

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down