Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2' Lift Kit ofr 1995 minibus & off-road tyres

3 posters

Go down

2' Lift Kit ofr 1995 minibus & off-road tyres Empty 2' Lift Kit ofr 1995 minibus & off-road tyres

Post by monodigit Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:01 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a lift kit for my 1995 minibus and also some off-road tyres.

Doing the Mongol rally in July so want to fully prepped.

Thanks

Thom

monodigit

Back to top Go down

2' Lift Kit ofr 1995 minibus & off-road tyres Empty Re: 2' Lift Kit ofr 1995 minibus & off-road tyres

Post by Raggy Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:07 pm

No idea about the lift kit but introduce yourself and someone may be able to help.
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

2' Lift Kit ofr 1995 minibus & off-road tyres Empty Re: 2' Lift Kit ofr 1995 minibus & off-road tyres

Post by PFM Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:15 pm

2' or 2"?

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by monodigit Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:03 pm

Ha, 2" (inches).

2 feet would be pretty cool though.

monodigit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:05 pm

Is it Monodigit or Mono braincell ?? Come on boy, use that digit to introduce yourself a little better, where you live, some more about your Van and more about your interesting project to do the Mongol Rally.

As regards raising the rear end of your Van don't be tempted to put a longer rear shackle on the leaf. They are bad news and end up wrecking the soft rubber bushes. Increase the ride height with a spacer block between the axle and the leaf spring, using longer U bolts. Usually on solid axles on earlier cars, you use a 2" spacer block and longer U bolts to LOWER the car as the axle sits ON the springs rather than as is the case with the Hi-Jet the springs sit on top of the axle.

As regards the front coil springs you can buy rubber spacers to force the coils apart to raise the ride height, but I have never used them as I have always been obsessed with LOWERING a vehicle to get it to handle better.. rather than the Tea Trolley you are going to have if, as you hope, your plans come to fruition.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:10 pm

For 2' try this This any help? or maybe not so high for 2" This link
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

2' Lift Kit ofr 1995 minibus & off-road tyres Empty Many apologies allow me to introduce myself

Post by monodigit Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:29 pm

Many apologies allow me to introduce myself

I'm Thom, from Hertfordshire and I've recently bought a Hijet with a view to convert it into a micro camper and drive it to Russia as part of the Mongol Rally (theadventurists.com/mongol-rally/). My nickname is Monodigit as when I was 18 I pushed my index finger onto the up-facing blade of a leatherman causing me to wear a rather large bandage for a few months, much to my colleagues' amusement. Since then I've managed to do the job properly and severed the ends of my Index, middle, and ring fingers on my left hand with an angle grinder whilst in Taiwan last year so please excuse any typos.

The roads aren't amazing through Khazakstan or the Gobi desert so want the off-road tyres to get me through the sand, the hight is to avoid rocks and rather large potholes I anticipate encountering.

The lift kit I refer to is this one, ebay.co.uk/itm/Daihatsu-HiJet-2-Lift-Kit-S110P-S83PS81P/361569545746. I was hoping there might be someone in the UK who has one or knows of another way.

The tyres I think are more difficult to find but maybe I could put larger rims on the van and then get some tyres to fit 13" or maybe 14". I understand there are loads of challenges with this also but if anyone has done it I'd be keen to hear how.

Finally, thank you for the link to the video Raggy, I had actually seen it but doesn't quite go far enough for me.

Thanks

monodigit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:52 pm

Blimey, you aren't safe with anything Workshop wise by the sound of it. Does your insurance company know what your track record is for driving to RUSSIA!!! Methinks you have lost your Marbles too as well as your pinkies. But chopping them with an Angle Grinder - - that is serious pain. The sort of tricks the KGB gets up to. You sure you really want to do this trip?? I reckon you would be better off giving yourself a Frontal Labotomy with an Angle Grinder than risk your proposed Road Trip.

Good to know that I am not the only Lunatic on this Forum.

Shut up Oldie!! Get back in your Kennel you old dog. It's all right Thom I had forgotten about the other old Lunatic on here. Just humour the Old Fart when he unfortunately inevitably sticks his nose in here. Hmm!!
Have you got that Angle Grinder handy Thom??

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down