Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fuel tank confusion ????

2 posters

Go down

Fuel tank confusion ???? Empty Fuel tank confusion ????

Post by Tattooist Keith Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:21 pm

I'll start with a bit of background to get everyone up to speed. I have a 2001 hijet pickup 1.3 petrol. Had a rotten fuel tank. More holes and rust than metal. Needless to say it had to go. Bought a second hand replacement on eBay/marketplace, not sure. Came off the same age vehicle. Looks identical. Fitted it to find the one I removed seemed to have two fuel pumps (both absolutely rotten), whereas this has one.im not entirely sure what to do. Tanks seem to be impossible to find, so I'd like to make it work if I can. Any knowledge or advice on the situation would be hugely appreciated as I'm currently stumped. Even just clearing up what they both actually are. A return pump? A backup pump? I've no idea. Send help
Fuel tank confusion ???? Screen10
Fuel tank confusion ???? Pxl_2013

Tattooist Keith

Back to top Go down

Fuel tank confusion ???? Empty Re: Fuel tank confusion ????

Post by PFM Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:06 am

Bottom right on both pics looks like the sender unit for fuel guage. I think the bottom left on top pic is the pump, which seems to be missing from the 'new' tank, for some reason. I've only dealt with van tanks, which are a different shape.

PFM
Jet Addict

Tattooist Keith likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tattooist Keith Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:10 am

So, I have recently come across a little more information via the Facebook owners group. Apparently this "new" tank is for a carburetted pickup, whereas my pickup is the 1.3efi. the carburettor ones had no integrated fuel pump, but my truck needs one. So my question now is, could I put an online fuel pump in place of the internal one. And if so, what fuel pressure etc would I require? I absolutely cannot find a fuel tank for a fuel injected truck, so my options are becoming limited. It's even more frustrating that this is the one thing stopping the truck from running again

Tattooist Keith

PFM likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down