Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Piaggio Porter 1.4 diesel 2001

Go down

Piaggio Porter 1.4 diesel 2001 Empty Piaggio Porter 1.4 diesel 2001

Post by J3da Sun Dec 12, 2021 4:56 pm

Hi all first time to the forum as I have search hi and low to try and solve this issue but have come to no avail

My piaggio Porter 1.4 diesel has quite a interesting fault and it has been to 5 garage and none have managed to diagnose this fault .

When I start the engine my van will run for roughly 15minutes after the 15 minutes a small shudder on the engine after another 5 minutes the shudder gets harder and the engine starts to choke out and lose power if I leave it longer enough the shudder becomes so harsh the engine loses all power and stalls and won’t start up after.

I have replace numerous parts:
Fuel pump
Fuel lift pump
Fuel filter
Alternator
Starter motor
Air intake

There are no faults on the dash and no fault codes stored in the ecu

I have check the fuel cap and drove without one on to see if there was a vacuum issue but I just cannot get my head around how it runs perfect for 15 minutes with no issues then suddenly dies which makes me think it’s not a fuel issue like a injector or a glow as it starts up but more along the lines of compression or fuel mixture

If anyone could shine some light on this would be awesome

J3da

Back to top Go down