Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manual throttle on the Autobahn (hand job)

2 posters

Go down

Manual throttle on the Autobahn (hand job) Empty Manual throttle on the Autobahn (hand job)

Post by CoolJet Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:27 pm

Yesterday. Just taking the exit from the autobahn at 11pm near Bottrop my throttle cable snapped.  affraid

What will a  highjet motorist do?  Suspect

I flipped the passenger seat  over (yeah its a left hand drive) and gave it a hand job! Right at the carborator!  Twisted Evil

It was a bit awkward to find the lever every time next to the spinning pulleys in the dark so i ended up shifting with my left hand (wich would be your right hand) and stearing with my knee, keeping the hand on the throttle lever. It was a pretty funny situation. I only hab a couple kilometers to get home.  What a Face

So the next day i went to inspect what had happened. If you have followed my anual head gasket replacement thread closely you might remember my throttle cable got a bit sticky at last.
Therefore it seems sometimes when the gas pedal snaped back it was kinking the cable direktly at the gas pedal.

So there it came off. An inch under the little drum keeping it in place at the pedal. First i tried to pinch it together whith a bolt and washers but that was sketchy so i took a little tube and filled it with 2k epoxy und fed in the two 2k primed ends. And it works perfctly. Wont even get kinked there anymore.

A Hijet is just the best car ever. Thats for sure.  I love you
CoolJet
CoolJet
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Manual throttle on the Autobahn (hand job) Empty Re: Manual throttle on the Autobahn (hand job)

Post by Raggy Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:12 pm

Excellent story and cant argue with that last comment 👍
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down