Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Replacement 1.3 Engine?

2 posters

Go down

Replacement 1.3 Engine? Empty Replacement 1.3 Engine?

Post by g149 Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:30 pm

I've been warned I may need a replacement 1.3 16v engine for my 14 year old Daihatsu Hijet (possibly cracked).  Not sure where to start!  As a young man I bought a used engine off a sweet elderly man only to discover it was knackered.  So need to be a bit more careful this time.  My van is currently drivable should a seller also be able to fit.  Any guidelines where to start?  Chris (Norwich).

g149
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Replacement 1.3 Engine? Empty Re: Replacement 1.3 Engine?

Post by g149 Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:50 pm

P.S. Is the Piaggio Porter 1.3 engine the same? Chris

g149
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:50 pm

As far as I am aware it’s one and the same. Open to be corrected though. What’s cracked on yours, case or head?
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:46 pm

Hi Chris. I have got several 1300 lumps out at my Garage but now not sure what one has done what now having been playing musical chairs with loads of the remaining spare parts . But I have got one in a Pickup that has done only 34,000 miles from memory and a thick wadge of Service history with it.

I took the Alternator and the thermostat housing off for a customer and the Radiator I sent to a lady in London off of it a month ago. Out of curiosity I took the dipstick out and it looks like new. Usually they are blackened with lack of oil changes and the oil is like new. I have to drain the oil from the engine to send it on a pallet and will seriously save this oil for topping up my 5 vehicles. I can get the engine sent on a pallet to you for £65 - £70.

So long as you can wait until the New Year I can get a mate to give me a hand to drop the engine out complete with gearbox which I can remove when on the deck.

I have got a brand new Hydraulic Engine Lifting Crane still in 3 boxes waiting to be assembled so I can take the glass out of the cab and doors off and probably cut the roof off too. Anything to make life easier and not hurt my Arthritis ridden lower spine.

If you are interested in this, please let me know by email tomorrow at : thehijetmaniow@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:55 am

Thanks for your quick Email reply Chris. I will catch up with you in the New Year and hopefully we can sort details out. Woody.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down