Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Kingdom for anyone who can solve overheat problem I’ve had for years!

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

My Kingdom for anyone who can solve overheat problem I’ve had for years! - Page 2 Empty Re: My Kingdom for anyone who can solve overheat problem I’ve had for years!

Post by luigi7890 Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:25 pm

Heyyy, you called me a GENTELMAN, and that's like music to my ears! Hahaaa. May be I'm a little old fashioned!
I understand perfectly well how tedious sometimes it is to moderate a forum, especially when people ask things that were treated somewhere else or when they forget to say thank you. But for sure is what you love (you are probably like 'married' with it) so your dedication is remarkable.
I'm not going late to bed, I live far away from England. I think there's a difference of 3 hours at the moment.
I visited your country for the first time last May and I felt like in heaven for the whole journey that unfortunately lasted just 20 days. I visited Williams Conference Centre and drove a Ferrari at Silverstone  What a Face . And of course spent some days in Liverpool, Bristol, Totnes, Oxford, Edingburgh and London. Lovely. Each and every moment.
And please excuse me for my mistakes, English is not my native language, I'm doing my best. (I always find mistakes AFTER sending the message  Evil or Very Mad)
Well, have fun. I'll post some pictures of my daughters van soon.
Thanks a lot.

luigi7890

Back to top Go down

My Kingdom for anyone who can solve overheat problem I’ve had for years! - Page 2 Empty Re: My Kingdom for anyone who can solve overheat problem I’ve had for years!

Post by luigi7890 Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:47 pm

Don't be modest Raggy, you seem to be more than a good helper here. You love this forum too. You've posted almost as many messages as Woodie. That means a lot of hours spent.  Suspect

luigi7890

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:05 pm

Your English is brilliant Luigi. We all find the mistakes AFTER sending in a Post to the Forum or anywhere else for that matter.
It is always good to "Proof Read" a post before sending. Its not usually my spelling mistakes that are the problem. English language was my best Subject at School and I love the English language. Its this dratted "Predictive Wording" on the phones or Tablets that is always the Villain of my Posts. That is why I SHOULD read it first right through before sending it.

Anyway, welcome to the Forum. When you get a chance let us know where you live and a bit about yourself and The Hi-Jet and any pictures if you can master the system. It's much easier using a Tablet or Android Phone than a Laptop. Only took me 2 years to get the hang of it.

Meanwhile there are a few of us regulars who will try to help you with any questions you may have. Raggy has still got a long way to catch up with me on Posts. Add another 1,970 posts to my total on my Avatar and then that is what he has got to reach.

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:12 pm

To explain the number of posts Woodie truly has, Luigi, you need to be aware this is his second coming (!) on the forum as he was originally here as Woody. I'm sure Raggy will catch up in time though, especially if he undertakes any more of his superlative improvements to his van.

DO post your pics if you can, and let us know where in the world you are?

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:20 am

Just to make that clearer Luigi, I joined the forum on the 2nd of February 2013 so very close now to 6 years ago. In December of 2015 we had a man from America join the Forum with a vehicle called a Ransome Cushman. He said that it was a Daihatsu based vehicle that had 3 of the gears blanked off so that it could only do 25mph.
He wanted to know if it was possible to remove the Gear restrictor so it had five gears.

I had never heard of a Cushman before so went onto Google and Wikipedia. I did about 3 evenings of research - something that he could have done himself - and did a massive article on here for his benefit. 3 weeks went by and no response from him. I had been checking to see if he had been on the Forum to have a look and he had been on numerous occasions but no thank you for it. So after 3 weeks I had a right go at him. The Poison that came spewing out was UNBELIEVABLE. Leopard Pagan banned and blocked him from the Forum. He was the first of only two people I have seen blocked from the site. The second person was banned twice when he "had a Second Coming" as PFM described of me.

That was because I was so upset  by his poisonous outpouring that I thought - " I don't need this aggravation anymore" so I left the Forum after posting 1, 970 times in less than 2 years. I had a lot of Members contact me to ask me to come back.
So a month after I left, I rejoined the Forum - but couldn't rejoin as "Woody" so had to rejoin as "Woodie". And now they can't get rid of "This Grumpy Old Man" who has a very ascerbic and sharp wit and tells it how it is and not very tactfully at times. But I make no apologies for that. That's just me being me. Take it or leave it.

I am actually a very big softee and I love to help people out both  here on the Forum with advice and spare parts, and practical help with  friends, neighbours and customers here on the Isle of Wight.

Over here Ransome made Lawn Mowers and little Gardening Tractors. Over in a America, Ransome/ Cushman make bigger road vehicles for Mail Delivery and other uses.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:05 pm

Awww....we wouldn’t want to loose you Woody/Woodie, we can all learn from you....but we can all learn from each other which is why we always push for people to contribute however small, even if it’s just showing of their van and how they are going.
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by luigi7890 Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:54 pm

Ok, I see now. That sort of situations are very common, in forums and IRL, don't you think so? Anyway, don't let one or two people's behavior ruin your passion for this space. Ignore them and keep doing what you love.

Well, let me tell you that I have just uploaded a bunch of photographs of my daughters Hijet. Some of them are turned CW, don't know why, I see them perfectly well on my computer.

I'm from Buenos Aires, Argentina. Here's a link to one of my blogs, in which I uploaded lots of photographs of my trip to Great Britain (and Washington DC): felideviaje.blogspot.com/
(middle click on the grey-backgrounded buttons below the main title to enter on each group on a new tab). You will probably see places of your country from a different point of view, hope you'll enjoy them.

And you can see here my favourite hobby, I built this race car in my spare time some years ago in my workshop:
toritof5.blogspot.com/p/blog-page_7.html.

Best regards.

luigi7890

Back to top Go down

Post by luigi7890 Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:46 pm

Woodie, I have just "googlemapped" the Isle of Wight and it really seems to be a wonderful place. So, if I ever can make another trip to Britain I'll include this place in my list!

luigi7890

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:59 am

Just looked at the racing car project....respect cheers
Also looked at the trip photos....jealous! What a trip to remember! Loved the Williams and Silverstone trips, ideas for the future.
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by luigi7890 Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:14 pm

Hi, Raggy. You live among all those places, I envy you, I'm so far away!! Williams and Silverstone are great experiences, not cheap, but highly recommended.
And I would like your opinion about London, it's probably the place I enjoyed the least. I couldn´t catch the spirit. Too crowded, visitors from all around the world, so many different accents, warnings all around...

luigi7890

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2