Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stumped on overheat problem

2 posters

Go down

Stumped on overheat problem Empty Stumped on overheat problem

Post by Scarface GTti Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:07 pm

My truck was running hot so drained the coolant, flushed the system and replaced the thermostat. It sorted it. For 4000 miles or so it ran flawlessly. Then it started overheating badly, whenever it got close to the red I'd knock it off. Flushed it, bled it, checked thermostat etc, but it continued to do it. So I removed the head, stripped it, cleaned it, stuck it on the milling machine and clocked it up and it's only out 2 thou. So not warped. Today I pulled the water pump out and it looks brand new. The only other thing I can think is that the head is cracked? Any other thoughts?

Scarface GTti
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Stumped on overheat problem Empty Re: Stumped on overheat problem

Post by Raggy Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:18 pm

Check any pipes for leaks where hoses join, only needs a fraction for air to get in. Is water being pushed out of the expansion tank or blowing out of rad? Is the seat of the fitting where the rad cap fits under the seat pitted and not sealing correctly? Have you got the correct antifreeze in it?
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarface GTti Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:12 pm

It pressurises the expansion tank. Rad caps were replaced when I did the thermostat and the seats were spot on. I used the correct anti freeze

Scarface GTti
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down