Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello introduction garages and parts

4 posters

Go down

Hello introduction garages and parts Empty Hello introduction garages and parts

Post by LeonardoCXZ Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:41 pm

Hi I am new here but I've been following advice on the forum for a while before and after purchasing my van and it really sorted me out so thanks, I'm based in London and I have 2008 1.3 petrol piaggio porter last autumn he took me and my dog to the very top of Scotland and back with no problems whatsoever while all my family and friends thought I was crazy, my van actually was then one of the main reasons for ending my 9 year relationship with my ex girlfriend, she didn't like him so it came down to it was her or the van and here we are now I definitely made the right decision. I will get some pictures up when I work out how to do it. He is due a service and mot soon and I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for mechanics/garages around London who will know what they're doing with him, ideally east London or Watford/Harrow areas, I would really appreciate it thanks. Also I will need at least one new tyre if anyone has some going I would take more for spares if available, and finally he also needs a new alternator, after being off the road for a little while after moving house and an overheating incident, I sorted the coolant system which had caused the overheating following the directions on here but then the alternator was seized, I managed to free it up and got it running again and he took me on the hour long drive home like a dream running perfectly but the battery didn't charge, is it much of a job to change the alternator myself or should I leave it to someone more qualified? I have very basic mechanical knowledge but I am practical with these things and can work under instructions and I do want to learn and be able to do these things myself

LeonardoCXZ

Back to top Go down

Hello introduction garages and parts Empty Re: Hello introduction garages and parts

Post by buttondup Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:19 pm

Right on Wink
Welcome.
buttondup
buttondup
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Hello introduction garages and parts Empty Re: Hello introduction garages and parts

Post by Guest Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:14 am

Hi Leonardo. (that was my Grandad's name - minus the S). Nice introduction. Well done for that.

Can't help you with garages local to you I am afraid, but I can help you with an Alternator. I have a few used ones in stock. If you want some help from a distance with changing the Alternator I can give you some help over the phone or by text - but preferably WhatsApp for pictures and text advice.

My email address is : thehijetmaniow@gmail.com
I will need your phone number so I can put you in my Contacts list as I have Call Blocker installed. You can only call me when you are in the Contacts List. Texts aren't blocked. So if you want to take up any of those options send me an email please.

Back to top Go down

Post by kernowjon01 Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:27 am

Hi and welcome to the forum. Woodie is a top bloke when it comes to both spares and advice.
Coincidentally my van has also been to the very top of Scotland - we (the van, myself, my other half Sandra and Bertie our lurcher), did the NC500 end of April beginning of May.
If you are unable to access the workshop manuals on the site I can email you a pdf you would need to pm me your email address.
Jon
kernowjon01
kernowjon01
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:55 am

Thank you very much for that kind endorsement Jon. I suppose you will be wanting discount now on the next lot of spares. lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by LeonardoCXZ Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:07 pm

Thanks guys, I will take you up on that alternator Woodie, I will send you an email shortly. I will have a look at the manuals here thanks. I would love to do the nc500 soon it must have been great, we went up to Tongue, driving through the highlands was just the best I loved it and it helped I was lucky with the weather.

LeonardoCXZ

Back to top Go down

Post by kernowjon01 Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:02 pm

LeonardoCXZ wrote:Thanks guys, I will take you up on that alternator Woodie, I will send you an email shortly. I will have a look at the manuals here thanks. I would love to do the nc500 soon it must have been great, we went up to Tongue, driving through the highlands was just the best I loved it and it helped I was lucky with the weather.

Kyle of Tongue one of our best "wild camping" spots the western parking / view point on the Kyle crossing. Really beautiful!
Jon
kernowjon01
kernowjon01
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Carpetcleanvan Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:18 pm

Possibly late reply via messing up my login reset .

I use Pitstop.
Drive through under the arches at Staples corner London .
Its the A406/Edgware rd /M1 intersection the arches are next to the Vauxhall  dealership in the NE corner
They only do MOT,s so no fabricated garage repairs are generated ,Mots have been £42-£45 which is as good as gets in london  they may be £50 for newcomers so ask the cost first
One chap is pretty casual every year where the other chap gives you a chance then comes down hard  on minor issues if not fixed the following year like cracked mirrors and number plates which dont last myself a year in london.
Last I heard they may be moving out via rent issues so call first and book a time if needed  link below
http://www.pitstopmotcentre.co.uk/

Carpetcleanvan
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down