Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

any recommended garages for a service

Go down

any recommended garages for a service Empty any recommended garages for a service

Post by camospot Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:01 am

any recommended garages for a service ? I'm (pauses for a deep breath) in loondon.
got a low mileage 2001 1.3 petrol EFI.
got through the MOT before xmas but it needs a service
it also needs something done with the heater fan ... looks like the previous owner drilled a hole in the dashboard to fix his sat nav (i use a bookmark so don't need the hole, just the fan)
sounds a bit strange too

I've been quoted £300 for a 36K service affraid

I'd love to say i'm going to learn to repair things myself ... i'd also love to win the lottery, paddle up the amazon, drink from the fountain of eternal youth, quit smoking, run a marathon ... etc etc

for now I'll settle for a good service from a reputable dealer
i'm sure someone can tell me something about that

camospot

Back to top Go down

any recommended garages for a service Empty Re: any recommended garages for a service

Post by Guest Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:04 am

Yep definitely!! Try going to the Himalaya's and finding a Yeti. You will have more success with that, than finding a knowledgeable Garage with a decent Hi-Jet Mechanic.
Your nearest EXPERT is Matt( HIGHLY JETTED on this Forum) in Manchester. It is worth it to have an overnight stop up there and get the job done 100% than get your van ruined by a local Greasey Fitter, that propheses to know what he is doing, when in essence he hasn't got a clue. Most garages these days just have boys that fit new parts, and not proper Aprentice Trained MECHANICS and then charge you the earth for a third rate job.
Matt is : "Auto Faultfinder" on 01260 400500. Talk with him. You won't regret it.

Back to top Go down

any recommended garages for a service Empty Re: any recommended garages for a service

Post by camospot Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:48 am

Cheers Woodie - I phoned a garage in Congleton who'd posted lots of Hijet tips and repairs (think it probably lead me to this forum) ... sadly he doesn't work on Hijets anymore so Matt's number is very welcome ... and MAnchester is always worth an overnight !

camospot

Back to top Go down

Post by camospot Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:52 am

sheeee-it, just realised that '"Matt, Auto Faultfinder" IS the garage in Congleton that i phoned yesterday and who doesn't work on them anymore.

Back to 'any suggestions for a decent service?'

camospot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down