Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PIPE EXPLOSION HIJET 2003

2 posters

Go down

PIPE EXPLOSION HIJET 2003 Empty PIPE EXPLOSION HIJET 2003

Post by Matt98 Thu May 17, 2018 6:56 pm

PIPE EXPLOSION HIJET 2003 Img_1011

hello all!!!

had this pipe explode on me on my 2003 hijet!!! Sad

have since had the pipe replaced with a part worn one and van was back on the road for 2 days and its gone again but this time not so spectacularly the van runs sweet only done 49000 doesn't  seem to over heat unless the temp gauge is wrong, it runs just over half way all the time

fan only seems to kick in at the end of journeys???

have only used it to go to work and back total trip of about 10 miles a day so far but bought it to travel from bristol to newton abbot on a regular basis so need to to not blow up on me

has anyone had this problem before?

when the pipe was changed i had the cam belt and alternator belt changed for longevity and new coolant and radiator was flushed

Matt98

Back to top Go down

PIPE EXPLOSION HIJET 2003 Empty Re: PIPE EXPLOSION HIJET 2003

Post by Raggy Thu May 17, 2018 10:39 pm

What about checking the rad caps or at least change them. They should release the pressure inside at 0.9bar (about 11psi) but yours looks to have had more than that applied to burst the pipe.

Last edited by Raggy on Fri May 18, 2018 6:40 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Stupid autocorrect)
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt98 Thu May 17, 2018 10:43 pm

That’s a good point I don’t expect they have ever been changed and when I topped the water up it was quite hard to undo it so I’ll suggest that at the garage when I call them thank you for your reply

Matt98

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 18, 2018 7:34 am

More to the point Matt, when you have filled the system up have you bled the whole system properly. As per several threads on here. If you haven't bled it, particularly the heater matrix then this will happen every time.

If you have bled it properly and got ALL the air out then it is most likely to be the head gasket, getting a hose to explode like that.

Please tell me that you HAVEN'T bled it properly. If if not, then Newton Abbott is a distant dream. My late mother (of last month) lived in Highweek village above Newton Abbott.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down