Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dead as the proverbial Dodo.

3 posters

Go down

Dead as the proverbial Dodo.  Empty Dead as the proverbial Dodo.

Post by Guest Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:49 am

Can't sleep. Dreadful hacking cough that is so bad it has woken my neighbours up. Can hear them muttering away!!
Been listening to some great Trance Music by Lyctum - my latest discovery on a great Trance Station - - Trance Athena from Athens in Greece. I have bought about 4 different artists trance music since listening to the Station. Not many of even the younger members would appreciate my Eclectic Electric Mix of music I guess, but I have never been one to conform - as so many of you know.
So as I can't sleep I have engaged the help of a strong cough sweet, 2 Mirtazapine Sleeping Tablets and a dirty great glass of sweet red wine. Hopefully I will get a couple of hours kip once they kick in.

Looking through yesterday's visits to the site there were 14 members that visited there wasn't one post. I don't know if it is that everyone's Hi-Jet is running like clockwork or its just the Winters lack of sunshine and vitamin E that is making everyone miserable. We had a lovely sunny day here and I finally finished stripping an X reg 1600 Grand Move that is going to the Scrapyard mid morning. I got another set of Polyvee Pulleys and belts and the 70amp Alternator off it and lots of useful stuff like 4 door locks and 2 keys so that gives me 2 sets of Door locks for 2 Hi-Jets, much stronger door handles, window winder handles and other bits and bobs that will fit into a Hi-Jet. Saved lots of other Grand Move parts for my own 2 Grand Move's. Also all the necessary parts like Cam Cover and injectors for building another 1600 Hi-Jet engine.

Nice to see we now have over 900 members with the latest being "rdtin". Wonder if that is Rus D Tin because you have bought a Subaru van? Anyway, hurry up and introduce yourself with what vehicle you own and where you live and what if any problems you may have with your Hi-Jet.
Hmmmm, sleeping tablets and wine kicking in now. Great.

Back to top Go down

Dead as the proverbial Dodo.  Empty Re: Dead as the proverbial Dodo.

Post by Guest Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:47 am

Its a shame there isnt more activity.
I dont understand it neither
Nobody does any mods or nice project topics anymore.

Everything has moved on to facebook and that sucks.
Its all short answers and not a real community in my eyes.
The only old style forum that is verry active is the retro-rides forum.

I have seen the same thing happen to the dutch daihatsu forum.
It got less and less activity and then moved on to facebook.
Its not a nice community anymore now, the quality of builds and info shared is pathectic.

Its a real shame in my opinion
I realy like the older style forums with builds and sticky threads loaded with good info.

On another subject.. Im thinking about buying a daihatsu copen from the uk.
Woodie do you or anybody reading this have any usefull tips or info about them?
I recently got a website from Dale  for checking out mot historys.
What a nice system you guys have, it contains a lot of info about the history of a car.
Verry nice system and also regarding the cat or cat d thats nice to.

Over here there isnt something like that.
You can only check the miles a car has run.. nothing regarding repairs or mot history.

I Hope your health will be better soon Woodie.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:23 am

Thank you Scotia. Still coughing up Evo-Stick!! Yes I think that Facebook is the bain of everything life, these days. What a complete pile of pooh gets talked about on there. I joined because I thought that I could help with advice and information and obviously hopefully spare parts.

But it is just a "Keeping up with the Jones" Forum for exchanging hair colouring tips and the pictures they have put on the inside of their vans and all that sort of garbage. Very little information about the vehicles or questions. I lasted 3 weeks on there and then blocked Facebook. Best move I have made last year,

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:36 am

Laughing
Yeah i visit it a couple of times per day because i dont have much to do at the moment.
The tempratures are shitty and i cant work on the carry because of that.
I only use my pc and dont want it on my phone.
I realy hate that damn phone pinging every couple of minutes.

I even left the whattsappgroup with my family because of the number of notification and lack of normal talk that actually contains info.

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:30 pm

Pair of grumpy old buggers!!!! Razz
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:21 pm

You can turn all the notifications off, friend requests, posts etc....I have Laughing  (on Facebook anyway) on What app I left it as it was as you meet a better class of pedople on there Wink

I will being doing a few more updates when I get th chance to start things going (an fancy going in a freezing garage), got a roof spoiler to modify and fit, new instrument face to design an fit and a reversing camera to fit that has a video screen integrated into a new rear view mirror (which also has a forward facing camera for all these nut cases on the road).
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:20 pm

Bugger all happening? Pah! Here's my newly sunroofed Hijet Smile
Dead as the proverbial Dodo.  27459256_1592968314157106_1324115764940211072_n
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:19 pm

Bout time too. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:22 pm

I love the sound of all that Raggy. Can't wait to see all of that Technology installed. I will have to get the details from you about that. Sounds right up my street.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:46 am

Raggy wrote:You can turn all the notifications off, friend requests, posts etc....I have Laughing  

yes i have to
people can only send me private messages.
and now i get pm,s from people who are angry because they think i blocked them and why they cant add me in their friendlist.. Shocked Laughing
i am looking foward to seeing those updates raggy

@Logi  Laughing  i thought somebody was going to say that... youre wright.. i am not that old (36) but i am grumpy
oh and nice roof btw

Back to top Go down

Post by biofos Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:50 pm

I agree, but it's a lot to do with the winter weather and December & January have been the months of the dreaded flu. Both me and the missus have had it and lost a full month of our lives! Awful.

I suspect that many other members like myself do not have the luxury of a garage in which you can actually work. It's been so cold and wet I've only managed to get my MPV out for a run once since Christmas and I'm not working out in the rain or cold. The annoying part is I have a large workshop (35' x 13') but the door opening is just too low to get the Porter inside.

Once the sun shines and it warms up a bit interest will be resumed, I'm sure. As for the general drop in forum usage it's a sign of the times but many folks are turning their backs on Facebook and the like because... insert your own observation here!

I've been a member of a photographic forum for many years and have seen the posts decline from 500+ a week to 50 or less but it's starting to pick up again now as folks realize Facebook and the like are just not the same.
biofos
biofos
Chatterbox

http://www.biofos.com

Back to top Go down

Post by biofos Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:41 am

In my last post I was bemoaing the fact I can't get my Porter into the workshop because the door height is too low by about 1.5". This spurred me to have a closer look. I had an electric roller door fitted about 4 years ago but it was only after getting my Porter I realised this was a problem for that vehicle. After a good look at how the roller door worked and if there was any additional headroom available it was clear that with some alterations I could pinch another 2-3 inches of headroom before hitting the structural top lintel. I removed the top bracing bar/stop and put 2" spacers at each end to raise it, shortened/altered the hangers and refitted it all. Fortunately the roller door adjustment had some 'slack' so I could raise it further than before, but it still shuts tightly to the thresh (bit of a faff). Great stuff, I can now get the Porter in and have room to do most things. No more excuses!
biofos
biofos
Chatterbox

http://www.biofos.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:53 am

My garage is double glazed and heated, I still can't be arsed going out there when the weather is crap
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:39 am

i am working on my wheels atm
spraying the polished edge of the wheels matt white.
i wasnt 100% happy with the polishing job because the wheels had some pitting in them.

i also dont have a nice heated place to work on anything so i just opened a window and spray them in one of the upstairs bedrooms Smile
thats the benefit of a man living alone no? Laughing  i have 1 bedroom and 2 rooms for car parts and working on stuff.
Dead as the proverbial Dodo.  20180210

the wheels when sprayed completly white look bigger..
Dead as the proverbial Dodo.  Versch10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:58 am

Stupid boy!!!. Let the tyres down and it should just squeeze in under the frame. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:18 pm

the lip was already painted between the tyres and the wheel
when i first sprayed them i did everything, the inside and back of the wheel.
i put the cards in for overspray , but thanx for the tactfull tip Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:44 pm

Dead as the proverbial Dodo.  20170810

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down