Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nope, I'm Not Dead, Exhausted Though

3 posters

Go down

Nope,  I'm Not Dead, Exhausted Though  Empty Nope, I'm Not Dead, Exhausted Though

Post by Logi Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:41 am

Still alive, just. Wink
Just had the Sootyvan in for the MOT, passed obviously. But I need a backbox, since giving up the lockup and storing the van at the yard it's got a bit rusty underneath, the exhaust system being the worst. Coupled with the lack of use lately the silencers shagged.
Seems a huge variance on price. I see one for a 993 on EBay for 37 quid, what's the difference between it and a 1300 one, they look like the same thing?
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Nope,  I'm Not Dead, Exhausted Though  Empty Re: Nope, I'm Not Dead, Exhausted Though

Post by Raggy Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:22 pm

Contact Regis exhausts
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Nope,  I'm Not Dead, Exhausted Though  Empty Re: Nope, I'm Not Dead, Exhausted Though

Post by sputnik Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:46 pm

+1 for Regis. Just got a full system for my 1.3. Lightning quick delivery and arrived better wrapped than my kids’ Christmas presents!

Although I’ll take that all back if a £38 993 job turns out to be interchangeable with my £100 rear section! Laughing

sputnik
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:45 am

The main differences Logi with the 993cc and the 1300 system is that the front pipe is totally different to the 1300 one and the bore of the pipe used throughout the system is smaller.
The mounting points for the silencer are in the same position but in most cases if it is a Piggy Back System the front pipe Flange to the 1300 system is larger so you although a man of your capability and great garage assets can change them, you will still have the strangling effect of the smaller bore pipe of the 993cc system.

Your van being a later 1300 in line system would likely have 2 Lamda Sensors, one in the exhaust manifold and a Lamda sensor in the front of the Silencer which the earlier Piggy Back models didn't have unlike the separate in line Cat and Silencer anyway. But not always the case as it seems to be dependent on who produced the exhaust system.

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:24 am

Well, fitted the new zorst, managed to get one from Euro, 93 quid tho Sad
And yer right Woody, mine's has the lambada sensor before the silencer, tho I reckon it wouldn't be the end of the world welding the old llama sensor mount into a new exhaust
Just need to fix the side doors now. It's the never ending story of hijet ownership Smile
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down