Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where is Everybody.? The site is DEAD.

+5
biketuna
singledad
Logi
PFM
leopard_pagan
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Where is Everybody.? The site is DEAD. Empty Where is Everybody.? The site is DEAD.

Post by Guest Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:40 am

Am having 3 days on the mainland visiting several friends who due to illness ( mostly the Big C, ) havent long for this world so wanted to see them before
the inevitable happens including my mum who is 89 and my sister who though thankfully not terminally ill is not a well person and I needed a break due to exhaustion ( though a 247mile drive ISN'T relaxing when I have my own Personal Gestapo moaning in my left ear to slow down.)

I don't get much of a chance to have a dice with boy racers and show them up in their flash cars and me in my Trusty old 2000 Zetec Focus Booted Saloon
making then look silly on the bends of windy Warwickshire country lanes by an old age Pensioner.Wonderful fun. You can take take the old Grandad out of the car --- but you sure as hell cant take the boy out of THIS old Grandad .

Bit surprised and saddened to find that the site site hasn't had ANY activity for a couple of days especially from Dear Ole ( or young ) Logi or overworked HJ, PFM. Waz and where the hell have you been Oldie lately --- in mothballs ? Come you other lazy slow contributors --lets have some more input from you. Don't keep leaving up to the regulars- get your fingers out and start having a bit of activity on the keyboard. This site is about GIVING and not just coming on here because YOU want something. Put something back for crying out loud .

And I must say I am pretty damn disappointed to the very poor response to Leopard Pagans hard work to encourage us all to to have a get together
that very few bothered to vote at all. A pretty poor response. Well I for one appreciate the hard work you put in for us LP and thank you very much for it. Would be nice if a few more of you thanked her too. Come on everyone get those digits tapping away and lets have a lot more input again.

The Forum was really buzzing a few weeks ago and it was really great stuff from quite a few of you so come on Chaps and Ladies A bit more input--
PLEASE. WOODY.

Back to top Go down

Where is Everybody.? The site is DEAD. Empty Re: Where is Everybody.? The site is DEAD.

Post by leopard_pagan Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:48 pm

I have been busy in my workshop swearing with my Hybrid motorcycle project & off out to events/gigs, some time this weekend i will have time to sit down to suss out a pub with camping for the dooooo.
Its the sun mate... its rare & people are enjoying it..
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Where is Everybody.? The site is DEAD. Empty Re: Where is Everybody.? The site is DEAD.

Post by Guest Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:02 pm

Same here LP. I haven't taken three consecutive days off since I can't remember when.
Anyway you do more than your fair share .
Its cooler in Tamworth at the moment than the Island.
Mind you still working---- clearing the step-sons jungle of a back garden--- busmans holiday.No peace for the wicked.

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:36 pm

Been very busy with other things this week. No point me voting as wouldn't be able to get away for a meet.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:38 pm

Have you looked up? There's a fu*kin huge big ball of fire in the sky, that's why it's quiet...Laughing 
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:47 pm

Blimey!!!!Wondered what it was. Some beggar has nicked it today though. Cool and cloudy all day here. ( Tamworth ).

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:50 pm

28 degrees here, just back from Loch Lomond Cool 
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by leopard_pagan Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:10 am

Cooler yesterday so spent more time in the workshop. Live bands & a patching in party last night.

Today more workshop/project/wash van & relax
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by singledad Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:55 am

would love to get to a meeting with a few of you but at moment to much going on, not had the jet long so wouldnt like to trust it for a long distance run yet although done over a 1000 miles in about 6 weeks, and then of cause the goverment say that being incapacitated for work and haveing a disabled son that we dont deserve enough money to get away but dont start me on that one lol

singledad
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:59 am

Back down to Liphook to see mother and my sister and brother-in law then up to Southampton
to see no 2 Son and my 2 other Grandchildren ( got 10 in all ranging from 16 months to 21 years
old ) then 10pm boat back to the island-- home around 11-45pm after about 200 mile drive altogether.
Main problem of living on an Island -- costs of transport across The Solent, but few other places I would want to live .sunny drunken Sleep 

Back to top Go down

Post by singledad Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:55 am

my better half is doing a sponsord walk today in brighton nice and hot!! so geuss lots of traffic so we will see how the jet holds up in the heat!! only ever once seen the needle go a little above the middle of gauge and that was in a 20min jam

singledad
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:24 am

Its flipping raining up here in Tamworth. IoW and sunshine here we come. Only trouble is it will be midnight when we get back so not much sun.

Just two more days and on Wednesday my Planning issues will be sorted and I can get stuck into stripping more Hi-Jets again. Hooray!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by biketuna Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:43 am

I still havent found a van, expaining why im not here all that much...

looking for the right one. have now almost bought 3 but keep getting let down by buyers, though id imagine i wont be too welcome if i was to get one... they have all been Rascals...

biketuna

Back to top Go down

Post by leopard_pagan Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:36 pm

It's open to all micro van owners....
Try a Hijet won't let ya down Wink
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Why i'm not here Wink

Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:07 pm

That looks mint fun out on the lochs
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Where is Everybody.? The site is DEAD. Empty Now where's Woody?

Post by PFM Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:26 pm

Hmmm....where are you, pal? No posts for nearly a week, hope you're OK.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by leopard_pagan Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:34 pm

Hope he didn't get melted in to a roof & left up there Sad
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:59 pm

Tar him in, no one will notice
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by leopard_pagan Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:41 am

we will.. when we cant get parts Suspect 

Off to London today for the Streetfighters day at Wembly car park.
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:48 am

HighlyJetted wrote:Tar him in, no one will notice

Thanks Matt for those kindly words.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:18 am

leopard_pagan wrote:we will.. when we cant get parts Suspect 

Off to London today for the Streetfighters day at Wembly car park.

Thank you LP. Hope you have an enjoyable day and the weather stays good for you especially if you are going down by Bike. Had torrential rain here last night. Its the first rain in over three weeks and because of so much dry weather building work everywhere here has gone crazy so if you will pardon the pun " work has gone through the roof ". I have been up at 5am most mornings and on site by 6am but by 12 --1pm the surface of the roofing membrane we use " Alwitra " it is too hot to be able to work on-- just as an experiment I cooked an egg on it and it was done in a matter of seconds. No I didnt eat
it !!.
By 1pm -2pm I have been at the garage working outside till dark sorting the site out -- worst of which was tracing a water pipe and digging it out ready for Monday when a Digger and concrete breaker come in to make another Van parking area for me. Been getting home after 10-30pm every night. Last night was 11-15pm and fell asleep in the bath and woke at 12-45am in cold water.

Have spent several hours welding up a "paper lace" 1980 250 Suzuki petrol tank for a friend amongst loads of other work moving stock from my old building into the new one ----- I am just exhausted --often falling asleep whilst eating my dinner. Any gotta go -- work to do on someones Romahome
before going over to the garage for another long day.
Getting too old for this Sleep Sleep 

Back to top Go down

Where is Everybody.? The site is DEAD. Empty Ref Site being dead

Post by eddie0303 Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:23 am

Its really funny to read the posts regarding this subject . as I mentioned in an earlier post , I have been involved in self building motor homes for a number of years and as such I was a member / follower of a site called the Self Build Motorcaravaners Club / SBMCC .

This compares to the SBMCC site in many ways , The lay out , The topics , and The problems . Very Happy .

One problems of raising the profile and keeping members involved were very similar to this site and they also found it really difficult to maintain regular attendance at meet ups , although they did have a lot of success in arranging an annual general meeting during August every year ,and this was well attended by all members .

We all struggle to balance the pressures of keeping work , family commitments , and our own leisure / hobbies in play. My experience from the SBMCC site is that perhaps it may be better to just try and point members from the same regions together for meets or assistance and save the big event for an annual blow out .

What ever the outcome I am sure the club will grow from strength to strength and that many others will develop in to Hijet followers as a cheap
entry level to motorhoming , camping and and vanning . These are just a few of the factors that the Hijet has going for it , what other vehicle with 4 wheels can you purchase for under £500 that can be transformed in to something as flexible , enjoyable and as easy on the pocket as the Hijet ? .
Ans = 0
eddie0303
eddie0303
Centurion

http://www.emhall-handyman.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:03 am

Not so sure about the easy on the pocket bit Eddie.

The cost of the spares are poisonous and the Website

Breakers are talking telephone numbers.

I am in a very privileged position to have a good bit

of room to store Hi-Jets and store the spares for my

own use and now finding the Forum this year have had

the enjoyment of helping others to keep their Hi-Jets

going too--which many would struggle to do if they

had to first: find the parts,and second buy them.

Its been with the help of HJ and Emma and other

owners that have helped many an owner to keep their

pride and joy on the road.

Long may we all keep our Hi-Jets running &

cherished.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:11 am

Blimey LP. I think you are right.
I've got verbal competition here. I think Eddie and are going to get on just great-- with our posts of
similar size to Tolstoy's' War and Peace.lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by oldie Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:10 am

woody wrote:

Bit surprised and saddened to find that the site site hasn't had ANY activity for a couple of days especially from Dear Ole ( or young ) Logi or overworked HJ,  PFM.  Waz and where the hell have you been Oldie lately --- in mothballs ? Come you other lazy slow contributors --lets have some more input from you. Don't keep leaving up to the regulars-  get your fingers out and start having a bit of activity on the keyboard. This site is about GIVING and not just coming on here because YOU want something. Put something back for crying out loud .

'Where the hell have I been' Razz ....

Easy Tiger tongue .....
I don't come onto the site just because I want something, I come on here as I own a van and am interested in what is going on.
If I was mechanically minded enough to answer questions correctly on any problems, or the latest rebuild project....I WOULD....but I'm NOT....so I DON'T.
If I find something that may be of interest to members on here, I'll post it up....if that's OK with you Wink .

oldie
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by leopard_pagan Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:26 am

Knock ya self out boys Wink

Today I have a 3 live band gig I organised to run, September is busy, but need to stay close to home with my aunt being very ill, October has 2 more events I am running. Then a break for winter.... I hope!
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:14 am

Crikey. Did I REALLY write that Oldie.? Must have had me knickers in a twist that day.Sorry about that mate

Anyway your'e here today so that's great.

You been to any good gigs lately.?
Only one I have got planned is Newton Faulkner at Portsmouth Guildhall in February. Oh and Talon the no1 Eagles tribute band here on the Island in December. Saw them here in Shanklin with a new larger line up two months ago and they were fantastic.

I remember what it was now that wound me up Oldie.
It was one of these " I want'ers" that came on to
ask for parts then he only posted twice and after he got no help from me I saw him online a few times after that then he disappeared thankfully.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:23 am

Are they local bands LP? What sort of music do they play?
I have had some not so good news too. My sister
has been diagnosed with a brain tumor though she is very upbeat about it and is determined not to let it
cloud her life. Have a good LOUD day LP.

Back to top Go down

Post by oldie Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:29 am

No problem Woody.....I know what you mean Wink .

Off to Pembroke Castle next month to see the Counterfeit Stones and the Illegal Eagles bounce ....
should be good day out.....

http://pembroke-castle.co.uk/

oldie
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next