Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Almost lost an important part of the Hijet...

2 posters

Go down

Almost lost an important part of the Hijet... Empty Almost lost an important part of the Hijet...

Post by Lex_Michdebus Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:24 pm

A deep *toinggggg* was heard just when I started the engine to go on the motorway for a 250km drive. Already 200km away from my welder...

You can click on the picture for a full one. The board software is crap so it eats half the pictures in stead of resizing it.

Almost lost an important part of the Hijet... 2mqjeh0
Almost lost an important part of the Hijet... 2aeuvpy
Almost lost an important part of the Hijet... Xqc75
Almost lost an important part of the Hijet... Icmt5y
Almost lost an important part of the Hijet... 33nat1d
Almost lost an important part of the Hijet... 5f2kn7
Almost lost an important part of the Hijet... Mwpfdy
Almost lost an important part of the Hijet... Vopq2r
Almost lost an important part of the Hijet... 14df1mu

We were lucky it happened when we stopped for gas. I think it half (the rusted part of the cut) happened when I made a emergency sharp turn/brake when I drove on the motorway two weeks earlier (while doing 100 km/h, almost went upside down). The last bit (the fresh metal in the middle) gave up when I started the engine. Anyway, check your bar-thingy for cracks when you tested the flexibility of your chassis.

Let's hope the pictures work this time!

Last edited by Lex_Michdebus on Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lex_Michdebus
Lex_Michdebus
Centurion

https://youtu.be/zAH2jjzAhU8

Back to top Go down

Almost lost an important part of the Hijet... Empty Re: Almost lost an important part of the Hijet...

Post by Guest Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:01 am

Lex_Michdebus wrote: I made a emergency sharp turn/brake when I drove on the motorway two weeks earlier (while doing 100 km/h, almost went upside down).

Shocked damn, that sounds like fun pale

Back to top Go down

Almost lost an important part of the Hijet... Empty Re: Almost lost an important part of the Hijet...

Post by Lex_Michdebus Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:16 pm

Straight left right left right left right straight...
Lex_Michdebus
Lex_Michdebus
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex_Michdebus Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:06 pm

Made the pictures clickable so you can see it in full...
Lex_Michdebus
Lex_Michdebus
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:06 pm

Should have done that with the Japan trip ones! Very Happy
Been watching Mighty Car Mods on YouTube, they done some great trips to Japan. Looks a fantastic place to go.
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex_Michdebus Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:52 pm

Raggy wrote:Should have done that with the Japan trip ones! Very Happy
Been watching Mighty Car Mods on YouTube, they done some great trips to Japan. Looks a fantastic place to go.

I did that to the Japan pictures, only then I did it underneath in the description. But I guess people don't tend to read what I write, even if I write it in bold... Who programs this board? He or she should make the board do the resizing according to the resolution of the browser that it is in. Now I have to resize the pictures to a size for ants so even Woody can see them on his wristwatch. That's just bollocks...
Lex_Michdebus
Lex_Michdebus
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:41 am

You will set Woodie off saying that about the forum! Very Happy

Last edited by Raggy on Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:51 am

i love mighty car mods
i have been a fan since the beginning.

did you know they have some sideshows to raggy?
like this "my crap car" last week it was a guy with a carry  What a Face
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeadAenKbsc

they also have a show "the unicorn circuit" were they just talk about car stuff and so on
https://www.youtube.com/user/mcmtv2

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:36 pm

Not seen the Unicorn Circuit but seen the My Crap Car one (and the Carry was crap!). Loved the Daihatsu Mira project they have going at the minute. The VW Beetle sleeper and JDM Mini conversions have been good to watch as well.
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:46 pm

yeah i love it to.
love the fact they stayed with regular cars everybody can own.
most guys whould go full retard after having some sucses, they stay treu to their fans.
nice feature movies about japan, nice cheap mods (mostly) and nice affordable cars.

i get more excited about seeing a cool mira or classic mini with some mods than a lamborghini or some ferrari Laughing

do you know roadkill to its on youtube motor trend channel?
those shows are realy nice to watch to.
two regular guys who fix up old american cars and have a lot of fun doing it.
i love that show to
heres a link to one of my favorite episodes
https://youtu.be/0JXDcJQqZrA

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:14 pm

Yes, like road kill as well (the car show not dead animals found by the roadside).
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:06 pm

Watch this series Lex it’s brilliant, fantastic engineering (and funny at the same time) 16 episodes so far
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:47 am

cool, never seen that show. i will give it a go
thanx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down