Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hijet van driven into - I need a part desperately, but don't know what it's called (help please!)

5 posters

Go down

Hijet van driven into - I need a part desperately, but don't know what it's called (help please!) Empty Hijet van driven into - I need a part desperately, but don't know what it's called (help please!)

Post by tara100 Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:40 pm

Hi

Someone drove into my parked up van today Evil or Very Mad - I left work to find a smashed in 'back light cluster' - As the van is no longer road legal (no working indicator and brake light) I need to find a new unit as soon as possible so I can travel to work etc (My local garage will fit the part for labour costs)

Have I got the name of the unit right? I can't start searching online till I know what to look for.

Also, if anyone can point me in the direction of cheap parts (used or not) I would be extremely grateful.

Thanks in advance
Tara
tara100
tara100
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Hijet van driven into - I need a part desperately, but don't know what it's called (help please!) Empty Re: Hijet van driven into - I need a part desperately, but don't know what it's called (help please!)

Post by rich the mechanic Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:44 pm

Hi yes it is a rear light cluster can't point you towards a place for spares but a lot of car spares places sell a lens repair tape in red and orange if you can get the bulbs out and new ones in and working then the tape over the top to hide the sharp edges and let the correct colour to show it is a bodge but it will keep you going till you find the replacement.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

Hijet van driven into - I need a part desperately, but don't know what it's called (help please!) Empty Re: Hijet van driven into - I need a part desperately, but don't know what it's called (help please!)

Post by tara100 Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:51 pm

Thanks Rich.

Sadly, I can't really bodge it, as the van has taken a good whack, and all thats left is the aperture where the plastic casing was - the wiring and bulbs are hanging down loose inside. There's nothing there to support the bulbs if you know what I mean.
I just had a look on ebay and can't see any of these units.
Do you reckon I have to stick with the year of my van, or could I buy one from an earlier / later model? (I don't know how the vans changed over the years, if at all)

Thanks
Tara
tara100
tara100
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Black Van Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:09 pm

The back end hasn't changed, so one from a 1.0 or a 1.3 would be the same. In essence, the age of your van is not crucial. Ring up local scrapyards and see if they have any in, and if so, if they still have the rear light cluster you're after. I managed to get one from my local scrappie for £15, which is a bargain compared to around £70 from the main dealer.

Little Black Van
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by tara100 Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:12 pm

I'd be over the moon if I could get one for £15.
I will ring some scrapyards tmrw, and I've mailed some ebayers with breaking Hijets to see what they have.

Many thanks Very Happy
tara100
tara100
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:51 pm

Which side do you need, I have a few knocking about being a bit of hijet weirdo
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by elfin girl Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:06 pm

HighlyJetted wrote:Which side do you need, I have a few knocking about being a bit of hijet weirdo

You? A hijet weirdo? lol!
elfin girl
elfin girl
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by tara100 Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:09 pm

HighlyJetted wrote:Which side do you need, I have a few knocking about being a bit of hijet weirdo

I love Hijet weirdos, so don't go away Very Happy

It's the drivers side - I need the whole kit and kaboodle if you have it please (poor Betty)
tara100
tara100
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:10 pm

I think I do, might have a small crack in it although no plastic missing. Let me look in the morning, I'll let you know before dinnertime tomorrow on here.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by tara100 Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:20 pm

HighlyJetted wrote:I think I do, might have a small crack in it although no plastic missing. Let me look in the morning, I'll let you know before dinnertime tomorrow on here.

Many thanks; I appreciate it Smile
tara100
tara100
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:43 pm

Well tara, I have a drivers side one, but it has a crack. Its an old one off my own van, and I did a small plastic weld on it to stop the crack from growing. It passed an MOT like this fine in August. I'll make sure I send it out with a full set of working bulbs. Tell me what you think:-

Hijet van driven into - I need a part desperately, but don't know what it's called (help please!) Light110

Hijet van driven into - I need a part desperately, but don't know what it's called (help please!) Light210

Hijet van driven into - I need a part desperately, but don't know what it's called (help please!) Light310

Hijet van driven into - I need a part desperately, but don't know what it's called (help please!) Light410

So you know, there is one screw that holds a rear light cluster on, maybe even you or a friend could fit it! You undo the screw, then pull out the wires connecting plug on the back - then plug in the new one, slot the cluster back in and replace the screw.

I will send you a private message ("you have 1 new message" at the top of the page) regarding payment information if you are interested.

If you let me know before 2pm today I can have it in the post today.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by tara100 Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:46 pm

Many thanks; I'm just paying and will PM you to let you know it's done Smile
tara100
tara100
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down