Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Small(?) electrical problem when starting

3 posters

Go down

Small(?) electrical problem when starting Empty Small(?) electrical problem when starting

Post by tornas Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:18 am

Last week a small issue popped up when I tried starting the Hijet: the starter ran for a fraction of second before the power failed. A moment later the starter caught on and the engine started without problems. This all happened in one or two turns of the key.

I've experienced a similar 'hickup' once more but most of the times the Hijet starts without a problem.

There had been no rain the whole day when the problem occured so I don't think there is water in the electrical system. I'd like to find the cause of the problem but wouldn't know where to start. Any ideas?

tornas
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Small(?) electrical problem when starting Empty Re: Small(?) electrical problem when starting

Post by wrightgeordie Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:43 pm

Check all of your battery and starter motor connections, they all need to be clean, free of corrosion and tight. having good earth connections are particularly important.
wrightgeordie
wrightgeordie
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Small(?) electrical problem when starting Empty Re: Small(?) electrical problem when starting

Post by Guest Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:07 am

had the same problem with the carry 2 weeks ago
battery died a week later.
its getting colder, if you have a dodgy battery it will fail these days

Back to top Go down

Post by tornas Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:42 am

Battery is less than a year old. I'll check all the connections Smile

tornas
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:43 am

Could also be sign of sticking or worn brushes in the starter motor.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down