Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MOT Fail - Suspension mounting area excessive corrosion...

3 posters

Go down

MOT Fail - Suspension mounting area excessive corrosion... Empty MOT Fail - Suspension mounting area excessive corrosion...

Post by harrythehamster Mon May 09, 2016 8:09 pm

Failed on cracked leaf spring and both leaf spring mounting areas excessively corroded.
Quoted just shy of £700 inc. (verbally)  pale .

I know they aren't the cheapest garage around but they would do a proper job. MOT expires tomorrow so can't drive round to get any more quotes - plus I have been advised not to drive it. I can replace the leaf spring myself but don't think that the welding/body repair is within my capabilities. The underside is pretty rusty.

Can't decide what to do...contemplating an electric bicycle affraid
harrythehamster
harrythehamster
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

MOT Fail - Suspension mounting area excessive corrosion... Empty Re: MOT Fail - Suspension mounting area excessive corrosion...

Post by HighlyJetted Mon May 09, 2016 8:56 pm

Second hand leaf spring about £50, fitting about £70

Weld up the rear inner arches on the front corner - about £200
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

MOT Fail - Suspension mounting area excessive corrosion... Empty Re: MOT Fail - Suspension mounting area excessive corrosion...

Post by PFM Mon May 09, 2016 9:11 pm

Take it to HJ, he knows about HiJets.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Mon May 09, 2016 9:28 pm

I don't want no rusty old Hijet in my workshop! I don't work on 2nd class cars anymore!
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 10, 2016 8:24 am

HighlyJetted wrote:I don't want no rusty old Hijet in my workshop! I don't work on 2nd class cars anymore!

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by harrythehamster Tue May 10, 2016 7:33 pm

No worries. A mate has put me on to a Polish guy who did the sills on his transit and got him through his MOT. Thank god we have migrants doing the jobs the natives aren't prepared to do!
Laughing
harrythehamster
harrythehamster
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down