Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

piaggio porter Or Daihatsu? Same or different?

5 posters

Go down

piaggio porter Or Daihatsu? Same or different? Empty piaggio porter Or Daihatsu? Same or different?

Post by Raggy Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:17 pm

Just spent a morning under the seats and noticed my van name plate under the drivers seat says Piaggio Porter, when I had the door panels off they were marked up as Piaggio as well (they look different as well to other vans of the same age (plastic surface has got moulded lines on it rather than plain). So whats the actual differences or are there any and is mine actually a Piaggio or a Daihatsu? In the end I do t think it will matter but just interested.
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

piaggio porter Or Daihatsu? Same or different? Empty Re: piaggio porter Or Daihatsu? Same or different?

Post by PFM Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:55 pm

No difference. They've all been made by Piaggio, some under a licence from Daihatsu.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

piaggio porter Or Daihatsu? Same or different? Empty Re: piaggio porter Or Daihatsu? Same or different?

Post by PFM Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:56 pm

No difference. The S85 has all been made by Piaggio, some under a licence from Daihatsu.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:43 am

Thanks
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:02 am

Yes as PFM says, right from the first two cylinder 550cc copy of the Honda Acty right up to end of Daihatsu production, every Hi-Jet had a Piaggio VIN plate. Thereafter reverting back to Piaggio production.

I have only ever seen one 550cc Hi-Jet and owned it for a couple of days. It was so rusty that it went straight to scrappy.
If only I knew then what I know now. Could have helped a few 550 owners.

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:17 am

They're not exactly the same, the badges are different...... ☺
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by oldie Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:43 pm

...and Piaggio badged vehicle owners are much nicer people Twisted Evil .

oldie
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:59 pm

Trust the pair of you to upstage us all. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by oldie Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:25 am

tongue .

oldie
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:02 am

Oh dear, up again in the night Oldie. Can't hold your drink any more? What are you on these days, Earl Grey or Herbal teas. Must be a combination of the Welsh Water and your Waterworks Sad

Talking of both, it's absolutely pee-ing down here and has been since about 1 am. That's put the kybosh on my early morning 5mile run this morning at 6am. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by oldie Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:32 am

woody wrote:

Talking of both, it's absolutely pee-ing down here and has been since about 1 am. That's put the kybosh on my early morning  5mile run this morning  at 6am. Razz

You now have no excuse for not going for run in the rain  Very Happy .....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/umbrella-hat

oldie
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:39 am

Yes I have. I don't need a second shower in one night.......

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:58 pm

woody wrote:Yes I have. I don't need a second shower in one night.......

Pissing the bed again? ........ lol!
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:16 pm

Such eloquence Logi. Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:11 pm

Better ineloquent than incontinent Laughing
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:54 pm

Touche`!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:20 pm

woody wrote:Touche`!!
piaggio porter Or Daihatsu? Same or different? Latest?cb=20110723092503
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:28 pm

First of all it's Logi Bear, then Logi Beaver, now it's Logi Turned Turtle. What's the next transmogrification ?? pirat

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:59 am

woody wrote:First of all it's Logi Bear, then Logi Beaver, now it's Logi Turned Turtle. What's the next transmogrification ?? pirat

Transmogrification?
Don't bloody think so, no way I'm dressing up in women's clothes!

Wink
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by oldie Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:49 am

Logi wrote:
woody wrote:First of all it's Logi Bear, then Logi Beaver, now it's Logi Turned Turtle. What's the next transmogrification ?? pirat

Transmogrification?
Don't bloody think so, no way I'm dressing up in women's clothes!

Wink

Woody does that quite a lot......so some people say lol! .

oldie
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:45 am

There is about as much chance of that happening as the Moon changing to Blue Cheese. They don't make women's clothing to fit my Charles Atlas body. tongue

I watched the Documentary on Wilko Johnson ( THE Original Doctor Feelgood) at 10-40pm until 12-15am last night. Fantastic old footage of him playing in the 70's and a wonderful insight into how he dealt with the Pancreatic Cancer. They removed a cancer from his stomach the size of a melon weighing almost 7lbs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:56 am

Nah, this is my fave Dr Feelgood
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:14 am

I can't open that Plug-in Logi. But I guess that you are talking about the incomparable Lee Brillo ??

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:39 am

Nah, don't know why it's not working?
It was Motley Crue, Dr Feelgood.
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:17 pm

It just says that this Plug-in is not supported.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:21 pm

Definitely too Motley a Crue for my tastes for sure.

Back to top Go down

Post by Manks Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:49 pm

Logi wrote:Better ineloquent than incontinent Laughing
just be glad you're not a bat with incontinence Rolling Eyes
Manks
Manks
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down