Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi-jet microcamper heating!

2 posters

Go down

Hi-jet microcamper heating! Empty Hi-jet microcamper heating!

Post by maralions Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:47 pm

Hello again!

I thought I'd start this as a new topic just to see if anyone has any experience/recommendations.

One of my worries with my hi-jet camper (Fran) is that with the lack of insulation, (it has been professionally converted and has carpeted hardboard on the panels but not much else) and also the fact that it has two singles instead of a double, is that it will be cold inside.

Has anyone come up with any innovative ways of heating the inside? I have thought of putting a wee camping gas heater in there like a Coleman or one of those cheap things that run off aerosol gas things. I'm assuming an electric heater will kill the leisure battery. The other thing I was thinking of was finding some way of getting a double adapter on the gas bottle currently in use for the cooker and hooking up a gas heater to that. There are caravan heaters around but they're massively expensive.

Obviously there are issues both with condensation and dying from methane poisoning. Not really into that. So has anyone got any thoughts?

Sara

maralions
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Hi-jet microcamper heating! Empty Re: Hi-jet microcamper heating!

Post by Guest Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:27 am

It's not methane - - - unless you are into eating Baked Beans in a huge way!!
It's Carbon Monoxide that is the silent killer.
It's a total no no to have a gas heater on in such a small space for anything more than boiling a kettle. A roof vent is a necessity. Also as you have mentioned, condensation is another problem. Just from your own body heat and exhalation an uninsulated roof will rain down on you.
But if you are insistant on suicide, gas taps, T pieces, piping etc are available from good Caravan and Mobile Camper Dealers and Calor Gas Dealers or a good Plumbers Mechants

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:01 pm

I have just found a site on Ebay that sells the Dual LPG gas bottle swop over valve and all the fittings and pipes for the larger Calor bottles and the smaller camping Gaz bottles that you were asking about. They are around £43 to £50 per kit.

They are based in Wakefield but you can order and pay for the the parts and then Click and Collect from an Argos store of your choice which is a brilliant service.
The company is CP UK - Catering Parts UK
info@cateringparts.co.uk
Phone number 01924 872982

Back to top Go down

Post by verryoldman Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:51 am

No need to help Darwin Woody pale
verryoldman
verryoldman
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:59 am

Blimey !  We have the Trinity now. You, me and Oldie.  geek

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down