Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Different engine

4 posters

Go down

Different engine Empty Different engine

Post by stuartc Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:59 pm

Apart from the 1.3 petrol engine and 1.2 diesel is there any other engine that would fit a hijet engine bay, I'm not after a V8 but if possible another small engine to fit the bay. I know the original engines are canted over. Any ideas or suggestions please.

stuartc

Back to top Go down

Different engine Empty Re: Different engine

Post by Gra Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:00 pm

stuartc wrote:Apart from the 1.3 petrol engine and 1.2 diesel is there any other engine that would fit a hijet engine bay, I'm not after a V8 but if possible another small engine to fit the bay. I know the original engines are canted over. Any ideas or suggestions please.

What's wrong with the 1.3? It's a great little engine as long as it doessn't have any overheating issues.

Gra

Gra
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:02 pm

Briggs and Stratton V twin ?
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by stuartc Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:19 pm

I know the 1.3 is good,but it is the overheating issue, I've had to hijets all be it 993cc, both had overheating issues. One fixed by dealer and the other by me at a cost of over £1200. I'm considering buying another , a 1.3 and if this happened again was it possible.

stuartc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:37 am

I have got a V reg Dual Fuel Isle of Wight registered white van with 10 months mot but a Pillock of a mechanic overtightened the no 4 spark plug and stripped the thread whilst doing a service on it for the lady owner and then to cover his major muck up, glued the plug back in with epoxy resin. Didn't last long obviously. She wouldn't tell me the name of the garage.

I am selling it with a complete cylinder head included to change over for around £575. Bear in mind the long Mot and the LPG as well. If you are interested send me your Email address to hi.jetmaniow@gmail.com or call me on 0786 303030 9. and I will email you some pictures.

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:27 am

The right guy would drill and heli coil that plug hole without stripping it down.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Gra Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:20 am

HighlyJetted wrote:The right guy would drill and heli coil that plug hole without stripping it down.

Yup, that's what I'd do.

Gra
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:37 pm

Well the only person that anyone knows of in the trade over here can't or won't do it. If it was 2 or 3 cylinder you couldn't do it anyway. Head would have to come off.

I have neither the time or the interest Matt so that's how its going on Wightbay for sale
as is.
Putting a, 1200 Diesel P reg on there too. Done 78,000 miles and it starts on the button. Selling the whole van for spares or to Mot for £375. " I am clearing everything out. Just keeping a few Hi-Jets and 5 Grand Move's for my 1600cc projects.

Back to top Go down

Post by verryoldman Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:01 am

Regarding engines just want 10\15 Hp more love the Romahome but fed up changing down to climb a ant hill
verryoldman
verryoldman
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:19 am

No easy, straight forward answer to that young man. My own 04 plate Romahome goes like a rocket despite having half a ton on the back. I love the look on other motor caravanners faces when I steam past them at 70mph. It's surprisingly quick uphill too. As I mentioned yesterday in one of my posts,  how different the performance can vary between identical models and the same goes for the brakes too. 
It's stopping it that is always the problem. The brakes fade very quickly, especially down a long decent. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down