Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Won't start

2 posters

Go down

Won't start Empty Won't start

Post by ProjectJohnie Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:12 am

Hi all. I am a recent newbie to Hijet ownership (although have run my faithful sport raj for the last 9 years). When I purchased the hijet it had an issue with cutting out when in town and not starting again for around 40 minutes. I swapped the temp sensor at the back of the block and this necessitated removing the dizzy. I did this and replaced in exactly the same place as it was. The problem now is she won't start. Turns over ignition and engine lights function, have checked the fuse under drivers seat and don't know what else is left to do. Would really appreciate some guidance before giving up and taking to a garage. Thanks in advance JP

ProjectJohnie

Back to top Go down

Won't start Empty Re: Won't start

Post by rich the mechanic Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:01 am

Hi did you time the engine or just pull the dizzy off? If you just pulled it off bring the engine to its timing marks and pull the dizzy off and line up the marks and try to refit in the marked position, its at 90° and rotates slightly on fitting/removal and easy to get a tooth out.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by ProjectJohnie Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:01 pm

HI Rich, So I finally got around to taking a proper look at the Starting issue, and it was down to the dizzy and Timing. Thanks for the info. Surprised

ProjectJohnie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:16 pm

Eh Voilà, & seven months later she works. Would have been soon up for its first Birthday

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down