Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whats the experts views on this van?

+2
Logi
Raggy
6 posters

Go down

Whats the experts views on this van? Empty Whats the experts views on this van?

Post by Raggy Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:06 pm

Seen this but is it far too overpriced or has it done the round previously?
GumTree Camper
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Whats the experts views on this van? Empty Re: Whats the experts views on this van?

Post by Logi Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:38 pm

It's dear all right  affraid#

At least it's a real camper, but it's silver and needs a paintjob, a shit one likely for £650.
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Whats the experts views on this van? Empty Re: Whats the experts views on this van?

Post by Raggy Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:47 pm

Silver and needing a paint job was not main concern just price and if it was one of these that had been advertised everywhere and often. The fact it was a 'real' camper was a plus point though as thats the layout we are looking for. If anyone knows of any around Yorkshire way.
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by elfin girl Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:50 pm

id like to know how the seat swivels, didnt think the tiny space was big enough to allow this. i certainly would not pay anywhere near that amount but then im a skinflint !
elfin girl
elfin girl
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Swarfing Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:41 am

If it is anything like my V220 you have to adjust the back and pull it into centre before it will swivel, nothing like the adverts would have shown.

Swarfing
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by sputnik Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:08 pm

When I first looked I just presumed they had modified the seat rails so you could slide it out, turn it and slide it back in facing the other way although the ad does say it swivels. Depends on how they define swivelling I suppose! I too wouldn't have thought there was enough room for a seat to turn?

sputnik
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:04 pm

As  Coach built Campers go especially a Devon Conversion it isn't expensive. It will hold it's value over the years.
Ironically Devon Campers are being sold by Freeborns in Southampton - - who own ROMAHOME.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:30 pm

Seen a couple of other actual campers advertised at a place near Bradford and they were even more expensive so was not sure as you say the price is not far off for this type and a private sale or they were just banging up the price as campers are popular as day vans at the moment.
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Swarfing Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:48 pm

Why not just make a cheeky offer? point out the inherent over heating problems etc and the risk you would be taking on with a motor of this age and external condition? can only say no

Swarfing
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:07 pm

Have requested some more photos and info, thanks all for replies and suggestions, keep them comming if you have any advice.
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by singledad Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:49 am

camper versions get good money now the suns out but as with anything its only worth what someone will pay. i converted a mpv and sold it easy back in march and that was a home conversion(wish i had swivell seats they,d be in my carry now lol)

singledad
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:58 am

Raggy wrote:Silver and needing a paint job was not main concern just price and if it was one of these that had been advertised everywhere and often. The fact it was a 'real' camper was a plus point though as thats the layout we are looking for. If anyone knows of any around Yorkshire way.

Silver and not needing a paint job? You asked about value, it needs at least a grands worth of paint, cos it's silver the paint will be shit, they all are. So the price is 4k now, plus the seats are probably shagged hence the covers, or they're incontinent and piss themselves. More money. Now compare the price to a minty one. You did ask about value for money...
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:59 am

No you wouldn't Ron. You haven't gotten enough head room in your Suzuki with its stupid false floor .
I know that it was a bargain buy but Hi - Jets are much more of a Tardis you have to admit .

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:07 am

Thanks Logi, yes, did ask for honest opinions, and they are appreciated. Keeps that decision making process a bit more even. I agree with you on paint costs and seats, I can put up with paint (or not paint) so long as metal is sound and seats..have asked for more photos without covers hiding things. Would not buy unseen anyway, so even if we went to look and it was a mess, would definately walk away....done that before. Keep the advice comming
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by singledad Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:41 am

yes woody the headroom is a pain, the front floor panel unbolts but rear would need cutting out but not doing that on a one owner 36k motor so ill become a hunchback

singledad
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:59 am

So from now on we call you Victor Hugo then?? Or not Singledad ,but Doubled Up Dad.

Back to top Go down

Post by singledad Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:39 pm

i like the doubled up dad as ive done something to my back the other day and am doubled up at moment lol

singledad
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:50 pm

Invest in a bottle of Whiskey and a packet of Diazepam. Does wonders.

Mind you the Suzy is a different problem. A box of Briant & Mays and a bottle of brandy should have better results --- providing you are fully comp.

Back to top Go down

Post by singledad Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:46 am

yes but i got power steering so i can still drive with my bad back (getting out is a diferent matter lol)

singledad
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:02 am

Yes that would be such a nice addition to a Hi-Jet. For such a mobile match box they are ludicrously heavy on the steering even after giving the joints a good greasing you need Popeye's biceps.
I had 165 tyres on mine and you needed to be a Gorilla to wrench the steering when parking. I know that I have more than a passing resemblence to one but it was ridiculous trying to park.
When I put a set of brand new SE Alloys and 185x60x13 tyres on, the steering was much lighter.!!! How do you work that one out??

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:44 pm

Seriously? I have a wee sports steering wheel on mine with 175's, I don't have any issues with the steering? Did you grease the big pivot in the middle?
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:53 pm

Just an update, went to see the van....wanted too much for what was needed so walked away. Silver...I now see what you mean about issues with it, it was all over, photos looked better. Big crack in windscreen and chipped headlight. Drove OK but no evidence of cam belt etc being done so just another expense on top. May end up getting a mpv type and doing the conversion myself, probably cheaper and more choice of vans. Thanks for all the help...I'll be back!
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:07 pm

forgot to say, for those interested, the front passenger seat was in fact a proper swivel seat, saw it in action and it did swivel right round without taking it out of its runners.
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:37 pm

You did say Big Pivot in the middle didn't you? Yes I took that to pieces and cleaned it and greased it.
I even cleaned and greased the Big Pillock in the driver's seat while I was at it too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down