Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

possible head gasket probs / views on steelseal pls

3 posters

Go down

possible head gasket probs / views on steelseal pls Empty possible head gasket probs / views on steelseal pls

Post by Maccaroon Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:42 pm

Hi there - I have been to 2 garages after my van had its first overheating attack. I nursed it back from a long trip on a stupidly hot day as no where to break down in central london. Since then replaced water / coolant and its driving locally and temp gauge remaining in usual spot. Prob seems to develop when you push the van to drive longer and then face a period of slower driving in traffic. The fan was coming on and there's fluid in the coolant / radiator reservoir. I am thinking of trying that Steel seal product... any reviews of it?

Plus - have some other issues to deal with (loose suspension, bush on front, slight leak in fuel tank).... and of course MOT soon.

Any views on Steelseal appreciated and where to possibly get a fuel tank and other bits!

M

Maccaroon
Clubman

Back to top Go down

possible head gasket probs / views on steelseal pls Empty Re: possible head gasket probs / views on steelseal pls

Post by Raggy Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:33 am

Seeing as Woodie is on a sabbatical from here suppose I will say it, fill in your profile location and introduce yourself if you haven’t already done so.
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

possible head gasket probs / views on steelseal pls Empty Re: possible head gasket probs / views on steelseal pls

Post by Maccaroon Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:06 pm

Woodie gets to go on a break... surely not! Yes, been on here before. And been in touch with Woodie re' romahomes etc. Thanks

Maccaroon
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:35 pm

I've used Steelseal once, carefully following the instructions, and it worked. I do wonder what damage/blockage it causes to the cooling system though.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:47 pm

Hi, you have a PM Wink
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:18 am

Crying or Very sad No, I don't Crying or Very sad

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:47 pm

I have last night sent you a Private Message on the Forum regarding your overheating problem. I am going out tonight at 6-15 until 9 ish but send me your details ASAP.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down