Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lights, grill and bumper

Go down

Lights, grill and bumper Empty Lights, grill and bumper

Post by Swarfing Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:49 pm

Could anybody tell wether the above from a 97 era hijet fit straight onto a 2001? As soon as i get my hands on a suitable candidate I would like to swap these items over. With what i have in mind it will make things a lot easier for in terms of body kit etc. I also think that style suits vehicle better in looks too.

Swarfing
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Lights, grill and bumper Empty Re: Lights, grill and bumper

Post by Guest Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:42 pm

The main problem that first comes to mind is that the 1300 radiator is wider and longer and the bracketry that supports it and the bumper are quite different.
The mounting points on either end are the same but you will have the bottom of the radiator showing and the ugly bracketry instead of the nice tubular nudge bar of the 993 model.

Back to top Go down

Post by Swarfing Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:18 pm

Thanks Woody that is the sort of info I was after. I can use this info to help build the body kit now I know I can at least use the old style bumper as a base.

Swarfing
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:15 am

If you need any further information or bits for the front end then E-MAIL ME YOUR PHONE NUMBER AS ALL CALLERS NOT IN MY PHONE  CONTACTS  LIST ARE AUTOMATICALLY BLOCKED AS ARE TEXT MESSAGES. I WILL TEXT YOU BACK AND YOU WILL AUTOMATICALLY HAVE MY PHONE NUMBER.
ONCE YOU IN MY CONTACTS LIST YOU CAN THEN CONTACT ME. THAT GOES FOR EVERYONE WHO HASN'T CALLED OR TEXTED ME BEFORE.
It's not a problem if you have contacted me before, you can get through - - except for a couple of people who shall remain nameless who have annoyed me.THEY ARE BLOCKED.
My email address is hi.jetmaniow@gmail.com. Once I have your mobile phone number then I will put it in my contacts list.

It's a really useful app I have on this Sony Xperia Z3 Dual Sim Phone.
It cuts the call dead and keeps ALL those damn vermin PPI calls and 03 and 08 numbers from calling AND I can leave them an appropriately sarcastic message or similarly rude text message too.

Wonderful!! A phone peaceful retirement.
I must be getting old and grumpy. Bah, humbug!!! Utter nonsense. I have always been like this so no change there eh????

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:28 am

If you want to build something a bit different, I have a complete Hi-Jet SE body kit with the large front bumper and fluted side and rear body mouldings. Everything except the rear Tailgate Spoiler which I gave to H.J. for his extreme kindness, generosity and helpfulness.
One of our Forum members said he would kill to get his hands on a Spoiler and as I valued my life at the time I gifted it to him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:35 am

Oh poooh!! I have just realised that it is a Pickup you are wanting to play with.
The bumper and front door mouldings would still fit though and I have all the special brackets for the bumper.

Back to top Go down

Post by Swarfing Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:58 am

Thanks Woody that is very kind, the plan will be to just collect some broken ones (don't want to waste good ones). From these I will produce a plug to then make a mould. Should be able to produce as many as I want then so others will be able to benefit If they wish.
Had dreams the other night of a procession of these going down the M4 to Japfest Laughing

Swarfing
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down