Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone got a early front van with no bumper on?

3 posters

Go down

Anyone got a early front van with no bumper on? Empty Anyone got a early front van with no bumper on?

Post by 8bit-ash Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:28 pm

Just wondering if anyone happens to have a pic of, or an actual van with no front bumper on...I need the measurement from the green line in the pic. Or if anyone can just confirm whether the rad sits lower on a newer one like mine.

Anyone got a early front van with no bumper on? Frontrad
8bit-ash
8bit-ash
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Anyone got a early front van with no bumper on? Empty Re: Anyone got a early front van with no bumper on?

Post by HighlyJetted Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:53 pm

No factual idea, but I bet you a hot dog they are the same.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Anyone got a early front van with no bumper on? Empty Re: Anyone got a early front van with no bumper on?

Post by 8bit-ash Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:59 pm

I think you might owe me a hot dog you know. Look where the lowest part of the bumper is compared to the bottom of the door on a new fronted and old fronted van. New one def sits lower and the rad goes right to the bottom.
8bit-ash
8bit-ash
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:03 pm

The very bottom of the rad is about an inch or so below the lower edge of the bumper on my 1995 but there is the metal bar for grinding to a stop when you have the back wheels in the air.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Tue May 01, 2012 9:15 am

See what you mean, the old ones bumper is straight across the bottom while the new ones have a bit which sticks out.

And looking at your picture its just for that bigger late radiator. So it looks like I owe you a hot dog Crying or Very sad

But I guess you could swap over the metal frame and radiator to fit the old bumper and the old retro head lights hopefully.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down