Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

leaking sunroofs

2 posters

Go down

leaking sunroofs Empty leaking sunroofs

Post by dundeejock Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:41 pm

hi all
im new here, BTW thanks for letting me join, please can some one help me cure two leaking sunroofs, they leak in the right hand front corner, i hve cleaned the rubber seals on both s/roofs, but they still leak Mad  i have heard that there are drain holes on these and they maybe blocked, i have looked and cant see any, can someone confirm if there and drain holes, the sunroofs are sekurit typ:M-HD-GJ/R if this helps.
thanks
john

dundeejock

Back to top Go down

leaking sunroofs Empty Re: leaking sunroofs

Post by sputnik Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:00 pm

There is a sticky at the top of the workshop thread. I don't know if there is a different technique for different types of hijet sunroof but basically I think you will be needing a good supply of clear silicone sealant. Dismantle the sunroofs and splurge the sealant where it meets the roof and where the sunrrof frame meets the seal. Clamp it and let it all cure. I hope this all works cos both of mine are leaking like sieves. Sadly mild, sunny days to let it dry seem to be in rather short supply here in chilly jockland - it is either cold and pissing it down, or cold and icy/snowy! Hoping I can get it sorted before the rust sets in...

sputnik
Centurion

Back to top Go down